You may have heard that many people now turn to the internet first when looking for products and services. Today’s shoppers go online to find everything from cafes to clothing and gifts.
And what about those people who have heard of your business from a family member or friend? They too will naturally turn to the internet to learn more or contact you. So if you want more customers to find your products or services, you simply must be online.
“It is too costly to get online,” you might say or “I don’t have the time to build a website.” With GoDaddy Online Starter Bundle, you can:
- Take your business to the world with a website you launch in a few clicks
- Get a web address with a domain name that works in India
- Start sending emails from an account with your business name in it (e.g. Info@YourDomainName.in)
- Spend less than 3 Rs/day for a complete digital identity
The bundle includes a starter one-page website and secure email account, both based on your own one-of-a-kind domain name. Make one stop for all your digital needs. You can even create your own custom logo using GoDaddy’s free logo maker (no prior design knowledge necessary).
Put your business online for 3 Rs per day
The GoDaddy Online Starter Bundle includes all you need to present a professional face to the online world.
- A domain for your business identity.
- An email that makes you look legit.
- A website that helps you get found on the internet.
Now let’s look at what comes with the all-in-one Online Starter Bundle.
1. A domain for your business identity
SequelMumbai.in is a domain name, as is Flipkart.com. A domain name serves as the business’ address on the internet.
Just as the street address helps customers find your shop or office, the domain name helps customers find your website online. They simply type it in to call up your website.
Once you’ve chosen a domain name, GoDaddy will use this name to create your business email account and one-page website.
Present one face to the world
The best domain names have the business name in them. This could require you to be creative, as two companies cannot use the same domain name.
Let us say you decide to name your new business Flipkart. Setting aside the trademark issues, you cannot use Flipkart.com for your website because it has already been registered by the online retailer.
A few tips for choosing a domain name:
- Keep it as short as possible. Shorter is easier for customers to remember and type in.
- Do not include dashes or numbers in your domain name, as this is confusing for people.
- If you want to use your surname for your business but that domain name is already in use, try adding a word (such as your location) to your surname.
For more help in choosing a business name and matching domain name, read this post.
Your choice of domain extensions
Online Starter Bundle comes with a choice of domain extensions — that’s the part that appears on the other side of the dot. Choose from .in and co.in, both unique to India. When local customers see one of these extensions in your email address, they will know your business is located right here in India.
Related: Domain names list for manufacturers
2. An email that makes you look legit
Also included with Online Starter Bundle is an email address that makes you look professional.
Sure, that Gmail account is free, which makes it attractive to cash-strapped startups. But those who receive your emails will have trouble telling if you’re a legitimate business, since anyone (even spammers) can get a Gmail or other free email account.
With Online Starter Bundle, GoDaddy automatically creates a professional-looking email address for you. The email account:
- Has your domain name/business name right in it
- Includes 10 GB email storage — plenty for most small businesses
- Will work across your phone and desktop to keep you connected wherever you are
With GoDaddy, you can rest assured that your email is secure and spam-free.
3. A website that helps you get found on the internet
Along with your email, GoDaddy creates a beautiful one-page website that gets you found on the internet.
- Set up in just a few clicks, ready within minutes
- Share your business information, contact details and links to social media pages
Your website and email are backed by our award-winning 24×7 support. Our experts provide round-the-clock help in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Marathi from right here in India.
Get on the internet in minutes with Online Starter Bundle
For a small investment of 3 Rs per day and less than 5 minutes of your time, you can make your business visible to the world. Get it now.
Image by: Jas Charanjiv, Kulture Shop