cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can reseller pay instead of his client?

Good day.

I am entrepreneur and offer my clients complex service for managing their websites. I sell free domain name as part of my services. When I first started I registered domains for my clients as GoDaddy's customer. Today I want to become the reseller, but not understand How I should pay for domains as reseller.

Here is my workflow:

1. My client pay me via Stripe

2. I open my Godaddy account and register domain on client's name

3. I pay GoDaddy for registration of domain.

4. My client MUST NOT have financial transactions with Godaddy

I can do item 1-3 as GoDaddy's customer. Can I do the same If I will become a reseller? I want to become reseller because Godaddy offer the lowest price for registration/renewal domains

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@kumaxim 

You are probably best to do this via the "Pro Program" (https://pro.godaddy.com) The issue is that while each domain would be in it's own account you are more than likely going to be paying the full retail price vs getting the benefit of the domain discount club.

The other issue is that you would have to put your credit card information into each account you setup.

The Reseller program is much more a revenue share vs purchasing via your account.

I would personally just recommend you continue registering them under your own account

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@kumaxim 

You are probably best to do this via the "Pro Program" (https://pro.godaddy.com) The issue is that while each domain would be in it's own account you are more than likely going to be paying the full retail price vs getting the benefit of the domain discount club.

The other issue is that you would have to put your credit card information into each account you setup.

The Reseller program is much more a revenue share vs purchasing via your account.

I would personally just recommend you continue registering them under your own account

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Community Manager

Hi @kumaxim. Thanks for posting. While I agree with @PL281 that it would be better to use the Pro system for managing clients, it is technically possible for you to set up accounts for your customers using the Reseller system. Though you would have to enter your own payment method as was already stated. If you don't plan on giving your clients access to the accounts you set up for them, then this might be acceptable for you. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.