cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Email silence from Go Daddy!

I have been emailing Go Daddy and am not getting a response.

I just want the email contact of a team that can launch an investigation for us, there must be an escalation team or a manager that can look into our situation. See explanation of events below:

On 10th September 2018 we bought 10 domains, beefbook.co.uk beefbook.com beefbook.info beefbook.net beefbook.org bullbook.com bullbook.co.uk bullbook.info bullbook.net bullbook.org

But on looking at our Godaddy account online I can see that we have bookbull.com listed and not bullbook.com.

Devon (on Go Daddy's sales team) looked up bullbook.com for me and said that it would not have been available to purchase on 10th September 2018, this was surprising to me as I am 100% certain that it was, as is the colleague who witnessed me purchase them.

I started to wonder if when I typed in bullbook.com a suggestion made might have been bookbull.com but it doesn’t come up as one (upon testing) and there is no way that I would have typed in bookbull.com.

To further back this up both beefbook.com and bullbook.com were around the £2.5k mark, but bookbeef.com is 99p and bookcow.com is £300, so there is no way that bookbull.com would have been at a premium price level.

The option to sell (as suggested by you) is not an acceptable one, as we do not believe the purchase  or indeed price paid is correct, bookbull.com is not worth the £2395.51 that we were charged. Something is very wrong here, please can an investigation be launched, we are good Godaddy customers (with many domains) and need your help, there are further domains we wish to purchase but would need to sort this situation out before we do.

I am writing this here in the hope of some response and help.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Email silence from Go Daddy!

Hello there! 

A rudimentary check of who.is records indicates that the domain was purchased and registered at GoDaddy on 5/10/2014 and has not lapsed since then. It is up for renewal on 5/10/2020. Basically, the evidence suggests this domain hasn't been available for public purchase since 2014, so the agent you spoke with was correct. 

Did you purchase the domain through the domain buy service? If so, that means that is what the owner of the domain is charging and, if you want the domain, that's what you have to pay. I guess I'm just a bit confused about the chain of events.

All that being said, no one on these forums will be able to help with this. You'll need to contact the billing department at GoDaddy to resolve the issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

I have asked for a response from Go Daddy and an email address for the team that would deal with this sort of query, they have not responded. This may not be the right forum, but I have come here out of frustration hoping that someone from Go Daddy may see it and give me an email address of someone that can help. 

I appreciate your response very much.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

No problem at all! I want to help however I can.

Honestly, your best bet here is to schedule some time if you can, call into customer service, and ask for the Domain Concierge department. (I think that's the right department. I may be wrong.) They should be able to explain or help you out with this a bit more. Barring getting in touch with them, I would try billing. I truly believe that will be the fastest way to a resolution for you.

I hope everything works out!

* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Greetings @MrVapor ,

Your suggestions are excellent, but I wanted to clarify one thing. This sounds like an Aftermarket inquiry if I read it right. Not to nit-pick, but there is no Domain Concierge, I think you are thinking of Transfer Concierge... but this is not concerning a Transfer.  

Other than that, your suggestions to reach out were solid.

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@T-3D,

You are absolutely correct. I was thinking the Transfer Concierge. Thank you for correcting that!

Highlighted

I would love to email Billing, but I cannot seem to find any decent contact email addresses on the website. I would rather not conduct this query over the phone, you have to explain it multiple times and I think the written word is more powerful and concise in this case. I will do my best to keeping searching for a 'Billing' contact email address. Wish me luck, and once again, thank you for your responses.

Highlighted

@T-3D, I don't suppose you know the email address for the billing team? 

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

To my knowledge, there is no direct email to the billing department. Honestly, the only way you'll get this resolved, most likely, is to contact customer support via phone or live chat. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @dandrews111. I can confirm what @MrVapor said. It is not possible to email our billing team directly. The best way to have any account specific issue addressed is to contact our customer care team. 

Just a few points:

I started to wonder if when I typed in bullbook.com a suggestion made might have been bookbull.com but it doesn’t come up as one (upon testing) and there is no way that I would have typed in bookbull.com.

This is likely why you ended up registering the wrong domain. Since you now own the domain and have not listed it for sale, it wouldn't come up as a suggestion when searching for bullbook.com. 

To further back this up both beefbook.com and bullbook.com were around the £2.5k mark, but bookbeef.com is 99p and bookcow.com is £300, so there is no way that bookbull.com would have been at a premium price level.

The option to sell (as suggested by you) is not an acceptable one, as we do not believe the purchase  or indeed price paid is correct, bookbull.com is not worth the £2395.51 that we were charged. 

To clarify, premium domains are domains owned by other registrants. The registrant of the domain lists it for sale and chooses the price. This isn't something that is set by GoDaddy. 

Something is very wrong here, please can an investigation be launched, we are good Godaddy customers (with many domains) and need your help, there are further domains we wish to purchase but would need to sort this situation out before we do.

If a customer service agent helped you purchase these domains, you should be able to have your call or chat reviewed to see what happened. However, if these domains were purchased online without the aid of customer care, there isn't much that can be investigated, considering the information provided above. I hope that clarifies things a bit. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.