cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

GODADDY SUPPORT SUCKS NOW

HI

THIS IS INTENDED FOR THOSE IN MANAGEMENT. THE NEW CHAT AND PHONE SUPPORT OPTION REALLY TAKES GODADDY BACKWARD.

FIRST CHAT IS NEVER AVAILABLE THOUGH THEY CLAIM 24/7. ITS ALSO LIMITED IN SCOPE, I HAD  VPS SERVER ISSUE ON SATURDAY, WAS TOLD CHAT ONLY WORKS MONDAY TO FRIDAY.

THE ONLY 24/7 OPTION IS PHONE.HAVE THOSE IN MANAGEMENT CONSIDERED CUSTOMERS FROM COUNTRIES WHERE MAKING INTERNATIONAL CALLS ARE STILL EXPENSIVE AND NO TOLL FREE LINES LIKE MINE.

I HAVE BEEN WITH GODADDY SINCE 2006,THOUGH THEIR SERVICE IS EXPENSIVE COMPARED TO OTHER HOSTS,YET I HAVE STAYED PUT AND GROWN WITH WITH THEM.

NOW,AM BECOMING FRUSTRATED AS IT TAKES FOREVER TO GET SUPPORT.

MAYBE ITS TIME I CONSIDERED MOVING

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: GODADDY SUPPORT SUCKS NOW

Hey @GGYBASE

Appreciate you taking the time to join the community and provide your feedback. 

First, let me just clarify that our chat team has never been offered as a 24/7 team. Only our live support via phone is available 24/7 as you're already aware. We are still working hard to expand our chat team's availability to other regions which will also expand their hours. 

Your frustration is understandable and we are working to improve this. Your continued feedback is always welcome to help us find additional areas to improve in. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Highlighted
Helper V

I suspect that this thread would have gotten even more support if the original post was NOT IN ALL CAPITALS. I think many people do not want to support that.

Highlighted

Same is my experience. My domain has become non-functional and when reported, they don’t raise tickets and I have to explain the same matter every time I call.

They keep the phone on hold and hangs the call after sometime, if they cant provide a resolution

Really bad quality professionals handling technical calls.

Highlighted

well, just for grins, let’s say
you’re a Voiceover Guy
you’ve had a website for more than ten years,
the most important part of the website being the audio demos,
where potential clients could actually hear some of the work you’ve done.
and along the way you’ve heard some people say they couldn't hear the demos
and you repeatedly called the website builder and hoster for help
and they said they’d fix it but never did

so you spent the summer creating new demos for all your voiceover work
and wanted to make sure they could be heard on your website
so you called the hosting company and again asked for help
and they told you again they’d try to fix the website
but you never heard from them
so you wrote a detailed letter on November 1, 2016, and sent it to the company’s
CEO, Blake Irving,
Chairman of the Board Charles Robel
and Chief Customer Officer Barb Rechterman
then a month went by with no response from anybody
so you spoke to a senior engineer, Jason G, sent him all the information,
heard him say he’d investigate and get back to you
But you never heard from him again—-even after sending him 6 emails.

So you have these beautiful new demos ready to launch in January
to launch your career anew
and the company you’ve been with for all this time hasn't fixed the problem
that many people (especially Apple users)
can’t even hear the demos
and hadn't even bothered to respond
to all the calls, emails and letters asking for help..
and you still had eight months left on your agreement with the web hosting company
to whom you had paid hundreds of dollars in advance

would YOU even consider spending any more time, let alone money with Go Daddy?

I mean, really

Highlighted
New

Why dont you start ticket support system as done by all other websites and even your customer websites, 

Also your chat is majorly offline , so my no customer care email id for writing for support? 

Highlighted

GoDaddy is the WORST decision I ever made.  You guys suck.  I honestly don't remember the last time I was so thoroughly screwed by anyone, if ever.  Your level of incompetence is mind-boggling, and the last "customer service" agent I spoke with - Mike (he literally refused to give me his last name) - was an **bleep**.  My lawyer will probably say it's a waste of time and money, but I'm going to explore the possibility of a lawsuit.  I don't even want to think of how much money I may have lost thanks to you.

If I could go back in time for any reason at all, but I could only choose one, I would go back to the time I made the idiotic decision to switch my services to GoDaddy, and not do it.  **bleep** all of you.

Sincerely,

Brian Roark

Highlighted

I recently decided to use chat for tech support.  BIG MISTAKE.  I needed a quick answer to a problem of the link to my website not working.  It took me 15 min to get through the sales pitch from the person I was texting with.  I told him a couple times I didn't have time for all of that.  But obviously I wasn't going to get any help until I had him change my payment plan that he said he would give me a discount for.  AND I AM ALREADY ON AUTOMATIC BILLING!!!!.  I am a long time user of GoDaddy.  But I may start looking around.  I can't ever chat or speak with anyone without spending 10 min discussing my account.  FIX THE PROBLEM FIRST and then you can see if I want to review my account!   Very disappointed.  I finally had to simply end the conversation.  Oh, then when he was trying to fix my problem, he kept telling me what I needed to do to fix it.  This is what I called you for.  In the past, your support was 2nd to none.  Now, I don't even want to contact them.  Maybe this is what you want.  But it looks like I have finished recommending GoDaddy to my friends looking to set up a site.

Highlighted

All I wanted was a small hosting package (5 static pages, tops), email using my domain, and a form for my customers to send questions.  You would think that would be easy.  Nope.  And the support?  One of the first things they told me was that they have web servers, not email servers, so the email service is expected to be bad, and that they try to talk customers out of email service...  Yeah?  When did they do that?  Why are they selling hosting WITH email, knowing their service sucks, only to admit later that they shouldn't have sold email service and that they really tried to talk me out of it?  I really, really, really regret even typing in GoDaddy in a browser.  2+ hours, most of that on hold with GoDaddy, just to get a single email account to send and receive.

Here's and idea: Don't buy TV ads for a week and spend that money on email servers and people who know how to use them.

PS: I was told that you can't use "email.[domain]" as a URL to get to your  webmail interface because "those servers are too complicated for that."  No, they want to sell you on Web365.  **bleep** that!  Can't wait for my hosting to expire in 2 years!

Highlighted

Yeah, you are all right, last week i try to call for the support their support team said that he will call back after 3 minutes, until now im still waiting 3 weeks already .....

Highlighted

Bummer - sorry to hear that. 😞

Highlighted
Helper II

I suggest brevity.  geesch!  

Highlighted

these days we have experienced bad service from godaddy and where we have a full management account for a dedicated server. We have 3 days with a technical problem and it is totally internal to godaddy, because they have blocked our server, calling or asking for information by chat is the same problem because they only say their ticket is open and they are working on it. We can not believe that they are working 24 hours to solve problems.

Highlighted

I can only reiterate what has already been said, but here goes:

24/7 phone on a non -toll free line is RIDICULOUS. If you had enough operators to take calls immediately, that would be one thing. But since you do not, cough up the money and get proper service.

Why is chat not available at 10AM?

Why is it difficult to change credit cards used for auto-pay? Do you want domains to expire so you can re-sell them?

I will be moving my accounts to someone who understands customer service!

Highlighted
Helper II

I found your complaint ridiculous.  You expect someone to pick up your call immediately?  Name me one company, who has been in business since 1997 and has been on the NASDAQ and has their own Foundation, that picks up the phone "immediately."

"cough up the money".  Look up GoDaddy's foundation by the Parsons and see what they do with their money.

Your post was ridiculous.

Highlighted
New

I waited 40 minutes on hold (at 6AM) and then Ralph tried to fix the problem (workspace email 'copy' does not work). After 30 minutes of his effort I go cut off and no-one called me back or followed  up.  It still doesn't work and I don't have another  2 hours to dedicate to Go Daddy to fix their crappy problem.  'Award wining support" you've got to be kidding.  What,  the J.D.Powers award for best support of a web hoster with 25-26 employees?