cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

GoDaddy accounting program storage

I need some help. i have the godaddy accounting program. No store, no domain, nothing but the accounting program. I need to make sure my info in the accounting program is saved. I asked in live chat and was told that go daddy keeps files for 'about 30 days'. i need to store these files for a years. I have one drive, i pay for it by the month, but have only used it for pictures. I am old,, i need help,, slow, step by step help,, thanks much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@mharding 

I assume you are referring to https://www.godaddy.com/email/online-bookkeeping

As this is GoDaddy's own system, they backup their entire system - as end users I don't believe there is anyone on the board here that can share with you what GoDaddy's retention policy is.

The 30 days response is more than likely a guesstimate based on retention of server data.

As it relates to the Bookkeeping Package it works a bit differently - I don't believe that you can call up and say I made a mistake can you revert back to this date - The backups GoDaddy has is more than likely for recovery purposes - so if a server should fail and need to be restored that is what they have. 

From what I can see, there is an ability to export your data - so in theory you could export it every day.  I know with the desktop version of Quickbooks you can run backups, but it is normal setup to overwrite the backup each time - not create 100s of daily backup files.

If your question is how much "history" does the system keep - in theory it should be all  your history - so in other words - if you use it for all of 2020 - and in the middle of 2021 and want to go back and see what data you had - that is still in the system.

I hope this answers your question

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@mharding 

I assume you are referring to https://www.godaddy.com/email/online-bookkeeping

As this is GoDaddy's own system, they backup their entire system - as end users I don't believe there is anyone on the board here that can share with you what GoDaddy's retention policy is.

The 30 days response is more than likely a guesstimate based on retention of server data.

As it relates to the Bookkeeping Package it works a bit differently - I don't believe that you can call up and say I made a mistake can you revert back to this date - The backups GoDaddy has is more than likely for recovery purposes - so if a server should fail and need to be restored that is what they have. 

From what I can see, there is an ability to export your data - so in theory you could export it every day.  I know with the desktop version of Quickbooks you can run backups, but it is normal setup to overwrite the backup each time - not create 100s of daily backup files.

If your question is how much "history" does the system keep - in theory it should be all  your history - so in other words - if you use it for all of 2020 - and in the middle of 2021 and want to go back and see what data you had - that is still in the system.

I hope this answers your question

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Community Manager

Hi @mharding. Thanks for posting. In addition to what @PL281 said, I wanted to let you know that if you have GoDaddy Bookkeeping, there is a special support page you can use. From there you can search a support database as well as submit a support request. You can find that page here.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.