cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
Helper I

Godaddy Pro Sites not seeing IP as GoDaddy Hosting

Ive setup a couple of wordpress sites on my godaddy pro sites page and its working fine but the problem ive got at the moment is its not detecting the IP as a godaddy IP is saying its an Unkown hoster and your supposed to get all the addons activated if its hosted on a godaddy host but its not.  I did a chat with godaddy support and they said that the CPanel hosting from godaddy should activate all the addons as i thought it might be because its not Godaddy Wordpress hosting that it wasnt activating those addons but they assured me that CPanel hosting plans should be activating all the premium addons in godaddy pro but they couldnt help me anymore and asked me to call a number but ive not got the time right now so ive posted here in hopes some other user might be able to help or even godaddy support might see this and be able to help?

Thanks in advance!

JK

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV
Solution

Re: Godaddy Pro Sites not seeing IP as GoDaddy Hosting

@johnkenny 

Here is the article talking about the add-ons

https://managewp.com/blog/godaddy-pro-re-launched-with-managewp-bundled

December 5, 2016

Daily Backup and Uptime Monitor Are Now Free For GoDaddy Websites

Starting December 1, these 2 premium add-ons are free for websites hosted on GoDaddy servers, on both regular ManageWP and Pro ManageWP. This improvement is applied automatically, and if you’ve got websites on any GoDaddy hosting, you should see that you’re no longer paying for these add-ons.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Solution

It's in the menu of Pro Sites.

1. Log in to your Pro account. (Need help logging in?)
  2. Click Pro Clients and select Pro Sites.
  3. Click Pro in the upper-right corner and click Contact Support.
  4. Select the type of the issue and click Next.
  5. Describe the issue in detail and click Next.
  6. Show us how you feel, choose a Normal or Geeky reply, and then click Contact Support.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@johnkenny 

So ....

1) I merged your 2 posts to one 

2) It sometimes takes up to an hour (not sure why) for the IP address to get picked up correctly.

If you are on GoDaddy hosting you will get the backups and uptime monitoring at no cost in ProSites (a.k.a. ManageWP)

In order to get the entire suite of add-ons included the site must be on the Managed WordPress platform.

I have a few hundred sites in my Pro Sites and as I said it sometimes takes up to an hour (and 2 or 3 syncs) for the system to detect the GoDaddy IP address. I've even had the Managed WordPress IP address take a little bit to kick in for the entire suite of add-ons to show as free.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Highlighted
Helper I

If you think "Account management" category is the right place for my post then all good I want able to work out how to move my own posts or delete them so i ended up with 2 posts.

Regarding the IP address its been 24 hrs now and its still showing "unknown" hoster?

GoDaddy support live chat was the ones who assured me that its not only the Hosted Wordpress plans that should give me all the premium addons on GoDaddy pro sites, CPanel hosting also should activate all the premium addons too as I also assumed the reason why i wasnt seeing activation of the addons was that it wasnt on a Wordpress hosting plan from GoDaddy but I was told otherwise.

Ill have to give the number a call i think to speak to a Go Daddy pro support agent i reckon?

If you have any other ideas ill be grateful for any extra help!

See below for what im still seeing on GoDaddy Pro Sites: -

godaddyprosites.jpg

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@johnkenny 

1) I can assure you that it is only the Managed WordPress Platform that includes all of them

2) I would actually open a ticket in ProSites (Different Support Group) and let them know that it isn't showing as GoDaddy hosting - they will be able to advise you as to what is going on

Highlighted
Helper I

OK ill look for the Support Ticket page then!

I did think it was only WordPress hosting included in the premium addons so I hope the support agent i spoke too wasnt wrong?  They did go away for a min to ask someone else when i asked if CPanel hosting was included in the Pro Sites addons but ill find out soon if i open a ticket?? 

Thanks again for your replies.

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV
Solution

@johnkenny 

Here is the article talking about the add-ons

https://managewp.com/blog/godaddy-pro-re-launched-with-managewp-bundled

December 5, 2016

Daily Backup and Uptime Monitor Are Now Free For GoDaddy Websites

Starting December 1, these 2 premium add-ons are free for websites hosted on GoDaddy servers, on both regular ManageWP and Pro ManageWP. This improvement is applied automatically, and if you’ve got websites on any GoDaddy hosting, you should see that you’re no longer paying for these add-ons.

Highlighted
Helper I

On hold with Godaddy support line now! said 3 min wait time but 15 mins and counting so far lol!

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@johnkenny 

I would NOT call GoDaddy Support - You need to email / reach out to ManageWP support - these are actually 2 different groups and GoDaddy support (who you are on the phone with) will not be able to address this issue.

Highlighted
Helper I

They answered my question anyway they said different to the live chat agent and told me what you told me earlier that its only Managed Wordpress hosting plans that get those addons for free so my Business hosting plan wont get those so i know for certain now.

I had managed wordpress hosting originally but it was single site plan only and very slow, the pro managed wordpress plans for multiple sites cost more than what were paying now which is a business hosting plan with cpanel and 1 vcpu 2gb ram and 60gb storage.  So i think im happy where i am for now, its surprising that business hosting is so cheap seeing as it includes cpanel too! if you look at the VPS plans Cpanel option on those is £11 p/m so it pushes up the price loads and like i said the business hosting specs are basically the same as the VPS plans but so much cheaper and there not shared resources either so like i say im happy with my Business hosting plan im on Cpanel has allowed me to run multiple WP sites and install my own SSL certs which managed wordpress hosting doesnt allow you to do.

Pro managed wp plans do look nice but they cost too much for us at the moment.  So it seems what i pay now is great value especially with cpanel inc.

Thanks for your replies though,

JK

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

This can easily be corrected by support. In the drop down in the upper right of Pro Sites, open a ticket.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-support-26891

Highlighted
Helper I

I spoke to support who confirmed what i was told earlier above that only Managed Wordpress hosting plans at GoDaddy get the premium addons.  So I know now i wont get those free, also they didnt know why it wasnt seeing it as a GoDaddy hosting IP so I had to leave it as it is Unknown hosting.  

I originally was on a Managed Wordpress Hosting plan to start with but it was for single sites only not multisite instances so I had to change plans to a Business Web Hosting plan which I'm happy with as I did research the available plans and a Pro Wordpress plan was too expensive and a VPS plan was attractive especially the High RAM plans as the entry High RAM VPS plan is cheap but you then have to addon a control panel such as CPanel which is a set price £11 per month so that knocked the total price up a lot but its more than the Saving's price I got with the Business Hosting plan which includes Cpanel in as standard so that was the reason i took out the plan im on but when i need to renew i will change to a High RAM VPS plan as the renewal price for Busines Hosting plans does then work out more money so hopefully when i reach the renew date for my existing plan im hopping the VPS plans will still have the current Savings deal on them which will mean I can get a self managed VPS High RAM plan which is identical spec wise to the Business Hosting plan im on now but for less money cause of the savings deal compared to my renewal cost.  

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

It's still worth contacting ManageWP support directly by opening a ticket. We can mark IPs as GoDaddy Hosted, and some features, like backups, are included with all GoDaddy hosted sites.

Highlighted
Helper I

Could you post a URL to where the ManageWP support ticketing page is pls?

Thanks

Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Solution

It's in the menu of Pro Sites.

1. Log in to your Pro account. (Need help logging in?)
  2. Click Pro Clients and select Pro Sites.
  3. Click Pro in the upper-right corner and click Contact Support.
  4. Select the type of the issue and click Next.
  5. Describe the issue in detail and click Next.
  6. Show us how you feel, choose a Normal or Geeky reply, and then click Contact Support.

Highlighted
Helper I

Oh thats where it is OK many thanks ill do that now!

Ok thats submitted!

Thanks for your help