cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

How do I get a refund?

I want to cancel my hosting plan prior 6 months before expire. Can I get a refund of un-used time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Canceling auto renewed transaction

Hi @TahreemSaeed,

For product cancellations and refunds, most requests are going to be account specific so you need to contact our customer support team. You can check out our refund policy to review if your product/services may be eligible for a refund with cancellation: https://www.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc.aspx?pageid=19963&prog_id=PROG_ID 

Our customer support teams are great at helping you determine if we can help resolve an issue with a product or helping you review your account for cancellation and refund eligibility. By contacting our live support teams they can give you more details to help you with the specific accounts and charges in your account. You can find the best number in your local area by going to https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx 

We’re unable to issue refunds on behalf of customers through Community. 

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

157 REPLIES 157
Highlighted
New

Canceling auto renewed transaction

i need cancel it without calling, no support hotline number for my country and calling to US hotline not clear.

Highlighted

Hey @jan12,

You shouldn't have to call to cancel the service in question. To cancel simply follow the steps in Cancel products in your GoDaddy account.

If the service is eligible for a refund, you will need to get in touch with our live support so they can assist with this request. If you're not able to call any of our support centers listed here, then you're welcome to try our live chat. When available, you can start a chat session from the buttons at the top or bottom of this page.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Highlighted
New

i did call to USA hotline, they agreed to refund my money. 

thanks.

Highlighted

Cancel Domain Buy Service And Refund

Hi

I want to cancel my domain buy service that I have paid. I am not bidding for the domain name anymore .Please help me to resolve the refund. Please look into it. Thanks. 

Highlighted

Canceling auto renewed transaction

Just had a couple domains autorenew, and was wondering if there is any chance I could have the transaction cancel and refund, as I did not want to renew the domains. I actually renewed my Domain and Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel last 13 November 2016. I pay it thru master card that the total cost is 433.33 Aed. Yesterday 20 November 2016 your website deducted my master card for the renewal of Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel and Economy Windows Hosting with Plesk, which I don’t want to renew and its amounting 635.98 Aed. Can I ask for cancellation of these hosting products and get my money back. I delete one of my payment methods that they deducted from these hosting products and right after delete also these hosting products in my domain. I don't have support hotline number for my country and calling to US hotline is not clear. I browsed and check it in their community and I followed the instructions, now the only thing i can do is to call the US hotline number but it would take too much load.

Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II

@waleedmansour wrote:

Just had a couple domains autorenew, and was wondering if there is any chance I could have the transaction cancel and refund, as I did not want to renew the domains. I actually renewed my Domain and Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel last 13 November 2016. I pay it thru master card that the total cost is 433.33 Aed. Yesterday 20 November 2016 your website deducted my master card for the renewal of Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel and Economy Windows Hosting with Plesk, which I don’t want to renew and its amounting 635.98 Aed. Can I ask for cancellation of these hosting products and get my money back. I delete one of my payment methods that they deducted from these hosting products and right after delete also these hosting products in my domain. I don't have support hotline number for my country and calling to US hotline is not clear. I browsed and check it in their community and I followed the instructions, now the only thing i can do is to call the US hotline number but it would take too much load.

@waleedmansour Go into your account to "Renewals" or follow this link: https://account.godaddy.com/billing  then cancel the autorenew on the products that you do not want. If you would like a refund, go to Godaddy's live chat with your receipt number and request a refund.

---

Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II

Re: Cancel Domain Buy Service And Refund

@najmullimon5 wrote:

Hi

I want to cancel my domain buy service that I have paid. I am not bidding for the domain name anymore .Please help me to resolve the refund. Please look into it. Thanks. 

Hi there @najmullimon5 , as stated when you purchased the service, it is non-refundable. 

Your purchase is non-refundable and non-transferable. If you want to pursue a different domain name instead of the one you originally purchased, you must purchase a separate request to acquire the new domain name through Domain Buy Service.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-is-domain-buy-service-1699

---

Highlighted
New

Cancel Domain Buy Service And Refund

i have requested a refund on 13th which has been processed but yet the amount has not been credited please revert asap what is the issue because i need this money on urgent basis as mentioned earlier 

Highlighted
New

@sona88 wrote:

i have requested a refund on 13th which has been processed but yet the amount has not been credited please revert asap what is the issue because i need this money on urgent basis as mentioned earlier 

Not sure putting your account number and pin is the best idea... might as well put out your ssn too.. 

Highlighted

Hi @sona88, thanks for posting.

It can sometimes take 5-7 days to receive the refund. If you used a service such as PayPal or Alipay to pay, you may also want to check your account with them. If you are not able to locate the funds, I suggest contacting support or your bank for assistance.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
Highlighted

Hi @WVISEL, thanks for pointing that out.

I've removed it and also edited your post to remove it.

All Community members should take care to not post sensitive account information.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
Highlighted

How do I get a refund?

I bought a domain name, I found that I bought the wrong, single can not find a refund

Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II

Re: How do I get a refund?

@chinayin wrote:

I bought a domain name, I found that I bought the wrong, single can not find a refund

@chinayin Go to the Contact us page and either call Godaddy or go to their live chat with your receipt number for a refund.

----

Highlighted

Hello. I have the same problem (refund auto-renew). It seems live chat is down. I can't find it anywhere.
Neither is there any option to open a support ticket of send an email.

The only option seems to be a phone call, and that is impossible for me at the moment.

Please help.

Highlighted

Website builder refund help

Hi guys,

I was told that when I built my website in November 2015 and bought a 5 year package, if I cancelled the website at any time I could get a refund when I was talking to a rep on live chat

ive now got to the point of needing to cancel and get a refund and the reps on live chat are now telling me that I am not allowed a refund. How can I get around this? I feel like I've been mis sold by go daddy 

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Website builder refund help

Always remember any hosting company's refund policy is set to 30 or 45 days only. You'll only get refund in these time period. If any rep tells you that ask him to send an email of what he said.

These policy act's same for all services.

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar
Highlighted

WRe: Cancel Domain Buy Service And Refund

Hi we purchased the wrong domain. instead of dunzo.ph, we purchased danzo.ph

can we rectify this? can we ask for a refund or can you replace the domain that was purchased? let us know please. Thank you!

Highlighted

Domain Refund Question

Hi! I just bought a domain realizing it was not the name I wanted so I bought the name I wanted and deleted the old one within like 30 mins of buying it. Will I get a full refund for that domain?

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: WRe: Cancel Domain Buy Service And Refund

Hello @carvepro. You can't change the spelling of a domain (https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-if-i-misspelled-my-domain-name-when-i-registered-it-331). You'd need to register the other one separately. Per the refund policy .PH domains are non-refundable. 

Naterx - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Domain Refund Question

Domain's are always non-refundable. You must check your spelling before purchasing.

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar
Highlighted

Refund for automatically charged renewal

Hello there,

Customer #:118136830 here.
I cannot call the support - the number is not working for me and chat agents are not available. Please - I would like to cancel my account and also ask for a refund for renewal of Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel. I was automatically charged for renewal Kč 2,617.19, but I cancelled the product right away, I don´t want to use it anymore.
Is there any chance to contact the godaddy support any other way to solve this, please?
Thank you, I appreciate your time. Kindest regards

Highlighted

Re: Refund for automatically charged renewal

I would like to cancel my recently automatically renewed alternativehealingsource.com as the company has been out of business for at least 4 years.  A full refund would be greatly appreciated.

account 31014504

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

@sheeeep @CodePurple

Hi folks!

Welcome to the community! The community is not a method for reaching our support team. You will need to reach out to them by phone or chat (if available) to get services cancelled and refunded. Thank you for your understanding.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Highlighted

Re: WRe: Cancel Domain Buy Service And Refund

now i order domain i have it from 2 month 

because payment mathed account closed and i used domain buy service to order this domain

now what will happend? i want to domain At the earliest

Is there any one here to help me to get the domain ?

Highlighted
New

Can i get refund for unused months?

I am extremely unsatisfied with godaddy webhosting. Can I get refund for the rest of the tenure?

Imagine I get this:

5278 packets transmitted, 1777 packets received, 66.3% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 247.724/323.102/1760.630/145.370 ms

When I ping my previous hosting (non-godaddy), I get this:

261 packets transmitted, 260 packets received, 0.4% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 206.679/217.758/362.415/15.515 ms

Highlighted

Re: Can i get refund for unused months?

Hey @zamrie

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're encountering. Since this is a public discussion forum, I won't have access to your account details nor would I be able to discussing billing related matters here. If you would prefer to be refunded, you need to reach out to our live support so they can review and walk you through cancelling the plan. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Highlighted

Request a refund

Hi. How do you process refunds? I need help with this too. I need to refund a money from a renew hosting by (Auto Renew) but I have no idea how to do it. Please help!!

Highlighted
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Request a refund

Hello.

To check your eligibility, see the refund policy here https://uk.godaddy.com/help/refund-policy-8849

You can request a refund for GoDaddy purchases ONLY by contacting customer support https://uk.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

I hope this will help you.

Good luck.

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
Highlighted
New

Hello!

I have the same problem. System automatically renewed my domain (before even the deadline) and had many extra charges. I do not use the domain and want to stop all services and also get a full refund for the sum taken from me.

Support phones are not accessible / not working and chat is always offline. Could you please specify what area code or phone number should I exactly enter when calling? I am from Estonia and to call here we put +372 in front of the number. For UK it is +44, but when I call +44 020 7084 1810 it is not working.

Please help. Thank you.

Madis Einpalu

Highlighted
New

how to get a refund?

I have already canceled my Linux hosting package (Economy 1 year package ). i want a refund now. i purchased it few days back. since you have 30 days money back grantee for annual plan when can i expect to have a refund.

thanks

Highlighted
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: how to get a refund?

Hello @tafzal

This is a public forum.

You can request a refund for GoDaddy purchases ONLY by contacting customer support https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

To check your eligibility for a refund, see the refund policy http://www.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc.aspx?pageid=19963&prog_id=PROG_ID

I hope this will help you.
Good luck.
🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
Highlighted
New

@Adrian8

thanks for your reply. do i have to call them for the refund?

i am eligible because the purchase was made few days back.

thanks

Highlighted
Helper VI
Helper VI

@tafzalYou can call them or you can wait 3-4 hours until the Chat agents become available.

Highlighted
New

i'll call them.

thanks for the help

Highlighted
Helper VI
Helper VI

@tafzalYou're welcome.

Highlighted

Dear 

sorry to i said that 

i forget automatically renewed. and i want cancel and refund money 

for two arabic domain

Highlighted

I cancelled an account and want a refund

Hi.  I've been trying to cancel an account that I signed up for.  I looked at the refund policy and read that it allows for full refund within 30 days of purchase if I purchased a 12 month period of hosting.  

I've been on the phone three consecutive hours trying to cancel and reverted to cancelling through the 'Web Hosting' button in my account.  

When I cancelled through this it gave me a message stating that no refund is available......... seriously unhappy with the service.

Am I or am I not able to receive a refund?

Regards,

Highlighted

hi 

I have the same problem!!!

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Re: I cancelled an account and want a refund

Hi,

I don't know the particulars of your case but I really suggest you try and speak with support. I guess that had you spoke with support then a refund would have been made in accordance with the terms of your agreement. But when you chose to cancel it yourself, well the process is automatic and done with programming, not people, and then it was an act of choice. So because it looks like an act of choice rather than through not being happy with the service, that's why a refund is not automatic. 

You really do need to speak with support on this, you will find them very pleasant and helpful.

Highlighted

i want a refund

hello i just bought a domain name and i want a refund i don't want it anymore!

Highlighted
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: i want a refund

Hello @Devel0per95

In order to get a refund for a domain new registration , you have 5 days (120 Hours) at your disposal.

Within those 120 hours (from your purchase) you have to contact the customer support and request the refund.

There is no email available so you will have to contact them by phone or chat.

You can see all that info here.

Good luck.

Highlighted

want cancel transfer in domain refund

hi, i want cancel domain transfer in, because domain have expired, can make transfer. thank

Highlighted
New

Refund for hosting

Hello. Last year, the hosting cost me $107.88. Today I paid $155.62. How can I get my money back? I don't need such service. Thank you!

Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel
#:************

Highlighted
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Refund for hosting

Hello @DD766

Unfortunately, due to the confidential information that are necessary, your problem is not something that can be solved here (on the forum).

In order to request a refund you have to contact customer support.

Eligibility for refunds is outlined in the refund policy.

Keep in mind that receiving a refund requires you to cancel the product or service you want refunded

Good luck.

🙂

Highlighted

Refund

No 1 worse and very Bad company..........

I cancelled my order after one hour but they deny to give my money back.

very bad.. avoid this company.......

don't buy domain from them. lots of other company they are better than godaddy...

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Re: Refund

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are obviously upset. There are refund procedures to take and support can help you with this.

If you would like to share more of your story, then maybe one of us can offer some advice or support.

Sometimes, sometimes, a problem you thought was insurmountable can be solved by someone here, then you wouldn't feel so isolated and feel you had no other options.

At the end of the day, you just want your site to work as you planned it to. It get's frustrating when it doesn't and you just spent hours designing it. We can help here.... sometimes.

Highlighted

Im desperate

Sorry for coming in like this but I have no choice. I need to contact GD. I called their (480)5058877 on the 8 minutes free international call balance that I had on my mobile. I am calling from St Lucia. When they called me back (twice) they agent could NOT hear me though I was hearing them. I had to call again (thrice) each time with my minutes eating up (long recorded message). I'm out of minutes and I need to have some deductions totalling almost $200.00 on my account REVERSED. Live chat isn't working either. I need them to get to me asap. 

My number is 1-758-519-5190 and email is eyeshotphoto@hotmail.com. 

Highlighted

I need to cancel the website and request a refund.

Highlighted

Re: Website builder refund help

mislabelled, I would like to delete Website Builder