cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Refund for Auto-renewal Payment / Jordanian Customer

Hello,

I have been recently notified that a payment has been taken out for a domain name purchased last year for my nephew as part of his high school project yet this domain is no longer needed. The autorenewal switch is obviously automatically turned to it, blindsiding whoever is signing up into this is completely unacceptable and the fact that for myself as a customed based in Jordan; for online chat support and no phone number nor an email address to reach out, it makes it hell for me to officially request a refund on the recently carried out transaction for the autorenewal of the domain; and the domain can be cancelled all-together. 

A while back, GoDaddy attempted at carrying out the renewal transaction, yet due to short funds, PayPal didn't process it through – I only have a limited amount back in there, and GoDaddy decided to take most of it out!

Please, do let me know what do I need to do, as I am worried I would miss the mark on the 5-30 business days as per the refund policy. Alternative solutions would be to potentially change the domain name, though I do know that it's a stretch. 

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Re: Refund for Auto-renewal Payment / Jordanian Customer

Hi @omaralzobi,

Whenever you buy a product or service you enter into an agreement, the Terms and Conditions laid out. The auto renew system is a safety measure so that someones site doesn't go down, because a payment deadline has been forgotten and missed. For want of a relatively small fee, hundreds if not thousands of pounds and hours could be lost.

"For the need of a horse shoe nail........................"

Godaddy has phone numbers for 49 countries! The phone line support is available 24/7. Live chat Arizona USA local time, 5am - 6pm.

Highlighted

thank you for your reply regarding the terms and conditions, however, I did ask for a solution to contact customer care and demand a refund without losing anymore time. 

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @omaralzobi,

Please excuse my rudeness as your time is obviously of more importance and value.

I gave you the solution, or at least the means to come to one. I apologise if it's not the answer you wanted. 

Phone support or live chat!

Highlighted
New

Re: Website builder refund help

Call them from LiveChat Godaddy dashboard.

Highlighted
New

Prepare to sit on hold forever and to get the run around. Be patient and stand firm and you will  succeed. These guys are terrible.

Highlighted
New

Request refund.

I have been fraudulantly charged by your company the bank informs me from my debit card.Canyou tell me how to get into support so the matter can be dealt with.

Regards

Akhbar

Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II

Re: Request refund.

@goolam wrote:

I have been fraudulantly charged by your company the bank informs me from my debit card.Canyou tell me how to get into support so the matter can be dealt with.

Regards

Akhbar

@goolam You can either call Godaddy support or at the bottom and top of this page you can click on the "chat with us" button. Please have your receipt number ready.

----

Highlighted

Re: Domain Refund Question

Most registrars give you 30 days to cancel.
Highlighted
New

I want Godaddy to refund automatic renewal wordpress hosting

I want Godaddy to refund automatic renewal wordpress hosting. My user: akuvn
Invoice / Receipt
Date: 18 Mar 2017 20:48
Invoice / Receipt #: ***************
Customer #: *************
Basic Managed WordPress Websites Renewal
sonvalentine.com
Item Number: 580971
Quantity: 1
Term: 1
List Price: ₫1,884,000.00
Purchase Price: ₫1,884,000.00
ICANN Fee: ₫0.00
Discount: ₫0.00
Subtotal: ₫1,884,000.00
Taxes: ₫0.00
Total: ₫1,884,000.00

Highlighted

Need to Refund Payment After Auto Renew: Search Engine Visibility v1

Recently, Godaddy deducted my master card for the renewal of Search Engine Visibility v1. Which I don’t want to renew and its amounting ₨9,576. There is no live chat support available, no option of turning off auto renew (I check it) there is just one option Turn Auto Renew On. 

HOW CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK NOW!!

Please anyone give me suggestion to how to cancel this Search Engine Visibility v1 plan of 2 year and how to get my money back on my master card.

Highlighted

Immediate Response from Godaddy.com

After my request Godday.com immediately responded and refund my amount with prompt action.

Appreciate Godaddy team for swift response.

Highlighted

Autorenewal - request for refund

Hi Team,

I need to submit request for refund of amount of money took from me for auto renewal for account I don't use any more. Whom should I contact? Notifications about renewal notice were spam emails and I wasn't able to see them in my inbox.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Autorenewal - request for refund

Find the product on your dashboard and click 'Options'.  There you'll find a link to cancel the plan in the lower left corner.

Then you'll need to contact support directly with your account details to process a refund.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/request-a-refund-19985

Highlighted
New

Re: Canceling auto renewed transaction

Did u get a refund ... just curious mate .. because im with the same problem
Highlighted

Will I receive immediate refund?  I just registered today and I am disappointed with the webbuilder tools.   

Highlighted

I faced the same situation with Sadiqrsj! I have never authorized you to renew any of my products! please do the refund as soon as you can.

Highlighted
New

Re: how to get a refund?

Dear how I get my money back because when I buy domain I don't know how website builder enabled for trail and then after trail finishing it automatically renewal and deducted money from my card about 230 dollars I have cancel that product last night after when all this happen help me please I don't want website builder how I get my money back
Highlighted
New

Re: how to get a refund?

Dear how I get my money back because when I buy domain I don't know how website builder enabled for trail and then after trail finishing it automatically renewal and deducted money from my card about 230 dollars I have cancel that product last night after when all this happen help me please I don't want website builder how I get my money back
Highlighted

Re: Refund for automatically charged renewal

CUSTOMER NUMBER : 128324263

Renewal receipt for order #1129839603

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Without my mail confirmation and without my approval GoDaddy has renewed the service and billed and took payment from credit card which is not acceptable.

Please help me to refund my amount which is billed and took the payment from my Credit Card.

Please be note that I haven't given authorize to take payment without my prior approval or permission to use my credit card for the same.

Thanks

Darshana

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hello @EnDeR2013!

Thank you for posting. If you'd like to request a refund for something within your account, you will need to reach out to our support team. No one in the community has access to your account. Thank you for understanding. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Highlighted
New

My account is empty although i purchased domain

I purchased a domain but when i go to my account it is empty. How can i get help via email or live chat please

Highlighted

I want a refund urgently and have my account terminated!

I want to use this medium to ask for a refund, because am not able to add a blog to my site through website builder and I was told when making research that Godaddy doesn't support blog anymore except you create a blog elsewhere and link it. Lastly was because I wouldn't be able to put up google ads on my site. Please respond urgently

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Re: I want a refund urgently and have my account terminated!

Hello @plentyng, if you haven't already, you'll need to contact live support for assistance with this request.  You'll need to provide your account security information, and have the account reviewed to determine your options.  Thanks.  

MPC

Highlighted

Refund Request

Hello,

How can I get a refund?

Last year I paid for one entire year of hosting, but I didn't like it and didn't found anyway of cancel and ask for a refund, so I deleted the product and I loose almost $400 😕

But today, with the product deleted, godaddy removed from my paypal account the payment for SiteLock Basic - Renewal - 1 Year, that is attached to the same web hosting product that was deleted last year. Doesn't make any sense!

I also want a refund of the product Search Engine Visibility v1 - Renewal (annual)  that was renewed yesterday 😕

Is there any Live Chat to talk with someone?
I'm not comfortable to talk through phone because there is a Portuguese Line but support are in English (what!?) and my English is not so good.

Please advice... I already have loose so much money with godaddy, I don't want to loose more...

Thanks!

P.S. Should I open a dispute on Paypal?

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Re: Refund Request

Hi @LuisTim,

firstly a really good free language translation is 'google translate' just type that in your browser. 

When different products are added on to another product, you have to make sure you also cancel them too when you cancel your main product.

Live chat is available Mon - Friday Arizona USA local time 5am to 6pm. No live chat on the weekend.

Opening a dispute with Paypal is not recommended as you agreed and signed up for auto renewal on these extra services. Godaddy have done nothing wrong and although unfortunate that you overlooked this, godaddy were perfectly within their rights to make these charges. It's really now at the discretion of support whether or not to reimburse you. You can chat tomorrow and good luck.

best regards

Highlighted

Re: Refund Request

Thank you for your reply 

Highlighted

Re: I want a refund urgently and have my account terminated!

I have tried looking out for Godaddy live support link but all I found is there mobile number, Please any help on how to get the link?

Highlighted

I noticed my monthly bill for "Personal Website Builder Renewal" went up from $5.99 to $10.65 in April of this year. Did NOT even get a notice about this FEE INCREASE. You are talking about 100% fee increase.

GO DADDY SHOULD HAVE NOTIFIED US prior to deducting this monthly payment increase from our credit card. Your assistance to this matter will be appreciated. I want my fees to go back to $5.99 (or as close to $5.99). I DON'T approve of the 100% fee increase. 

Note: I'm new to this forum and I could NOT find the area to post a NEW comment so I added to this segment. 

Highlighted

Re: How do I get a refund?

i prefered the windows plesk than the linux cpanel how do i cancel and refund that i made  from linux cpanel

Highlighted

Canceling auto renewed transaction

Hi, good day im just gonna ask how and why I was billed when my previous website/product was already expired a long time ago, is there any way i can ask for a refund? But when i checked my account I have no 0 products and 0 transactions and 0 billing details is this just a glitch or something please helpaw.JPGaw2.JPGaw3.JPG

Highlighted

Re: Canceling auto renewed transaction

Same thing here ... 

Highlighted
New

Re: My account is empty although i purchased domain

I have exactly the same problem,  a year ago these guys told me I had nothing to pay for, no domains, no fees.  Then I notice a bill for $70 but can't see anything when I login and there is no email, no live chat and my only options are to ring!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Re: My account is empty although i purchased domain

Hi @Maisy,

If you let me have your domain name I can run a few checks for you Cat Happy

Highlighted
New

Why in the world as I charged 180 dollars

Alright, so I bought a 3 dollar website a month or 2 ago and I was charged 180 (plus tax) for gocentral business plus renewal?? I'm fuming because why would I have to that for a simple website. All I'm asking is for a refund or something and get rid of the website I just want my money back
Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Re: Why in the world as I charged 180 dollars

Hi @Zedia,

Godaddy refund policy can be viewed here:

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/refund-policy-8849

Highlighted

Search engine visability

I've just bought the search engine visibility option when I renewed, first thing it told me was my website had masking on the url, so I changed that, now it says it doesn't have hosting associated with it. so this option is useless. how do I get a refund, the phone numbers in the help section don't work and online chat isn't working either.

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Re: Search engine visability

Hi @donnyscuba,

These phone numbers do work:

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

And chat also works between the Arizona USA local time of 5am - 7pm Mon to Fri. You have to wait your turn in both instances. Nobody here can help you with account specific problems, including refunds. Only support!

Sorry about that.

Highlighted

Re: How do I get a refund?

Guys, how can I get the refund for the purchase of the SSL certificate?

I bought it few hours ago but my hoster does not accept 3rd parties certificates.

Thank you,

Vee

Highlighted

How Do I Get My Refund?

I won an expired domain auction then made payment, the domain name was supposed to be available by the 5th of this month. Nothing happened till two days ago when I got this email;

We deleted some items for you.

The following items have been removed from your account.

In short, if I'm not getting the domain, I should still get my money.

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Re: How Do I Get My Refund?

Highlighted

Re: Support ticket in GoDaddy Pro portal

Hello there! I bought a domain name yesterday thinking GoDaddy is reasonable. Then as I wanted to build a website and launch my products, I found an incredible array of additional horrendous exorbitantly high charges on a monthly or yearly basis!!!

Now I want to CANCEL THE ENTIRE ORDER! How can I do this without making unnecessary telephone calls?

Highlighted

Re: Buying a Domain Name

I bought a Domain name vitukiboko.com.

I have searched on Google and Yahoo without success! Instead japanexpedition.com comes and this also shows in my account. But I DID NOT ORDER two name domains. Only ONE and I have been charged DOUBLE for both. How do I rectify this hopeless situation!

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Re: Buying a Domain Name

Hi @vitukiboko,

Only by calling support:

Regards

https://www.godaddy.pro/AngelHall-Coulston  aka @rammsteinium

Highlighted

Refund Extensions

My suggestion is that you extend refund policy. I had a rough financial year & randomly two years after registering an account with GoDaddy received a $52 bill. Because I did not see the e-mail until ten days later (no paperwork sent to my address, though) now I'm even worse off -- with a domain I do not use. I feel hustled by a defaulted auto-renewal & can't request a refund on an account I haven't logged into in years--or ever built a website around.

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Re: Refund Extensions

Hello @Case1234,

Whilst it's understandable that some folk struggle (don't we all these days?), the refund policy of 30 days makes fair and good sense. Whilst allowing folk plenty of time to assess whether a product is suitable for them or not, it also stops bad apples from abusing the system. How long would you suggest that users could 'kite fly' (look it up) the products before cancelling them for a refund?

Most developers / designers will accept a proposed budget (within reason of course, $1 dollar sites get you somehow... later!! Usually with propriety code you can only use on their platform. So you have to sign up for full package later. There is no such thing as a free lunch!), and build a site to fit around that. 

Whether or not you actually use a service or domain that you register, is up to you, but you still have those resources and services. Bit like having a car on hire purchase and wanting no monthly fees, just fees for 8days a month, because you only use it on weekends!

We all voted for a capitalist system, and here we are.................. because it's proven to be flawed, but the best of two evils....... it started with Eve in the garden, she offered Adam an apple in return for favours.....Smiley Wink

Now we all want more apples...........

Highlighted

I appreciate the reply, but unfortunately I was only given a 5-day window on my multiple-year renewal. Additionally there are things that a corporate power like GoDaddy could do to eliminate this gray error for mishaps (account login dates, etc).

How crazy of an idea would it be to run a report that shows people who are completely inactive about to be re-billed? Plenty of data exists where they could gauge it and give a fair warning to those who might receive an unexpected bill. If they choose not to do that, then who in this scenario actually wants more apples? I understand it's opinion of service, but reality is GoDaddy knows what's up with how this process works & if there's no wiggle room with small fish then I have to accept that it is what it is, poor service.

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @Case1234,

when you say a '5 day window' do you mean that it was only then that you noticed that the payment was due? Logging in to your account would have made it easy to see and plan for a renewal payment. The alternative to auto-renew is either to have a calendar with all product renewal payments marked in, or to forget about it and loose all your data and maybe your domain too. Then try and access your site front end and see that it's a different site because someone else bought the domain name! It happens!

Guess which of the latter two scenarios happens the most often without auto-renew? 

What was your site about @Case1234? What kind of site was it? Do you have a backup? 

A great way to get a site up cheaply is to simply link your domain name into a FaceBook account. There are other social media platforms that will perform just as well.

If you would like to consider this then let me know making sure to use my username in your reply so I get tagged. I will then show you how.

Best regards @Case1234 

Highlighted

"No I can't accept a refund it's been 10 days since payment -- but I can turn off the auto-renewal feature so it doesn't happen again. Haha oh I see that's been done already..." That type response (to me at least) screams of a patronizing employee conditioned for loss prevention.

south-park-s17e02c05-the-cable-company-runaround-16x9.jpg

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Edited and apology accepted.