cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How do I make a "Written, Formal Complaint to GoDaddy"?

I'd like to complain about the fact that I have absolutely no control over my domains and services. In particular, about the renewal of such. I cannot cancel my domains, nor can I change the bank account from which payments are made.

I have raised this issue in another thread in Managing Domains, and although people have tried to help me, I am not actually getting anywhere.

I have been trying to sort this problem for over a week, but to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: How do I make a "Written, Formal Complaint to GoDaddy"?

Hi @JayBee4,

There is no email support/complaint available, but you are welcome to request a supervisor at any time if GoDaddy agents are not able to assist you through call or chat.

GoDaddy offers many tools for their customers to manage their accounts. Some of the links below may help you. If you're having trouble cancelling any domain, you may have opted to have Protected Registration on the domain; this feature will need to be removed first, before the domain can be deleted

To remove the Automatic Renewal on a product

To change the payment method in your account

To change the payment method on an individual product

NOTE: The issue for this customer has been addressed in another thread. This thread is now closed and all responses should be made in the appropriate location.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

@JayBee4 

We are end users like you. I'm a little confused when you say you can't control these services. 

If you goto https://account.godaddy.com/subscriptions you should see a list of all your products and when they are renewing / what payment method they are linked to.

Personally I had to open mine in a private browsing window as I'm having a cookie issue, but once logged in the list populates and I'm able to make the adjustments you are referring to.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

Hi @JayBee4,

There is no email support/complaint available, but you are welcome to request a supervisor at any time if GoDaddy agents are not able to assist you through call or chat.

GoDaddy offers many tools for their customers to manage their accounts. Some of the links below may help you. If you're having trouble cancelling any domain, you may have opted to have Protected Registration on the domain; this feature will need to be removed first, before the domain can be deleted

To remove the Automatic Renewal on a product

To change the payment method in your account

To change the payment method on an individual product

NOTE: The issue for this customer has been addressed in another thread. This thread is now closed and all responses should be made in the appropriate location.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

NEW
Re: Deleting a domain name

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like the domain has Protected Registration, so I followed the instructions to remove the Protected Registration:

After clicking on 'Remove Protected Registration', I am informed that a one time password has been sent to mydomainname@domainsbyproxy.com. I assumed that this would then be forwarded to my actual email address. It wasn't. I waited for ages. I tried several more times, before I gave up.

Then, I thought I'd check the contact info by going to 'Update Contacts' under the 'Ownership' tab. I got the following message:

Have to say, that this is driving me nuts!! I've wasted so much time on this and I've never known anything so ridiculous. Cancelling a domain name should not be this difficult. I am very disappointed in Go Daddy.