cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is there no support ticket facility for godaddy customers anymore?

I have been looking around for the interface where I can launch a support ticket and it seems like the only way to contact godaddy is to call them.

Am I right or is this the only way they are offering support now, because this is really bad for anyone hosting domains and sites. A lot of things cannot be explained on a phone call and the forum is looking too generic and not exactly support oriented for specific cases where there might be important information which should only be shared with the relevant staff.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Is there no support ticket facility for godaddy customers anymore?

In my experience not all issues are treated as ticket issues by GoDaddy @maraymkim. There was a time when you could email GoDaddy asking "How do I connect my website to my hosting?" and what you'd eventually get was a cut/paste response sending you to a help page. Currently that low level support can be found here in the Community or by simply querying the help documentation. In a lot of my forum responses I often point to the help documentation, not that I'm lazy but it often backs up what I'm saying. Case in point Email Support.

There are still instances where a ticket will be created, a representative will contact you via email (or phone) and your issue will work to resolution but those tend to now be for high level issues. What it looks like GoDaddy is doing is crowd sourcing first level support allocating more resources to high level support? So the answer is no-ish because I don't think a user can open a issue like they once could but support can and still opens tickets if there is a need. Does that help any? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Highlighted

That is unfortunate. If godaddy is unable to provide support then thee is not other option but to transfer domain to a provider which does provide support. Hostings and domain cannot be crowd sourced as they are businesses and need to be resolved on case basis.

Highlighted
Super User I

I hate to sound like a homer @maraymkim but I actually find GoDaddy to provide excellent support. I don't exclusively use GoDaddy but of the companies I do use I find GoDaddy to be one of the most responsive.

I suppose that it comes down to how you like to be supported? My preferred support mechanism is phone but certainly there are companies that exclusively provide support via email or chat that might fit your desired support method. 

I don't think that hosting and domain support is level 1? If your query is how to connect a domain to hosting then that can be easily answered. If you have a complex question that should only be dealt with by support. I'd be interested to know what company you choose to go with. Happy hosting! 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

Highlighted

@rd This is the third day and my DNS settings haven't been propagated. And I have no way to contact them via a support ticket. All I have is to make a phone call and explain technical stuff to whoever is on the other side of the call, which probably is a call center person with literally no idea of what I am talking about.

I respect your opinion and have nothing personal against you. But please don't advocate a provider who prefers to leave its customers hanging in mid air while they have no problems taking their money. 

Talking about priority level, please tell me what priority level it should be when you cannot integrate emailing facility of your site because the hosting provider or registrar won't even propagate your DNS setting???

I stopped using godaddy hosting a few yars back and use Digital Ocean, Microsoft Azure or sometimes Vultr. They are much better service providers, support is interactive and capping are reasonable.

Highlighted
Super User I

No offense taken @maraymkim. Most of the time I hear someone saying they can't contact support via phone it is because of a international calling issue? I think that you'll find support to be versed in DNS issues? Something like that is relatively routine with regard to process and should be easily handled. 

I just had a DNS change that took what I thought was an unreasonable period. Typically I see changes right away or under two hours on the high end. My last DNS change took two days? I'm wondering if recent security changes are impacting the time and filling queues? 

Tower are excellent choices. Glad you found something you are happy with. 

Highlighted

Hi @maraymkim.

DNS propagation can also depend on the domain extension (TLD). For example, .IT domains can take up to 5 days to complete nameserver changes due to how the .IT domain registry handles nameserver changes.

If you're still having DNS trouble, feel free to follow up with your domain name, what DNS settings you should be seeing, and what DNS settings you are still seeing. Perhaps a member of the Community can take a look at the domain name and let you know what they see.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status