cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Lost access to my account

I bought a domain 2 months ago, but I forget to save username/customer id. I try to recover the username by entering my few of my email addresses but no email were sent out (Did I got hack and someone change email to something else?). I call and chat with their support few times, asking if they could give me the email address in full or just 2-3 characters so it can help me identify which email address I really used to register that account, none of them have access to that information.

The problem is that, the payment that link to my card is still valid and it keep charging me for a website package that I was just tried with their trail period, but it's auto renew and charge me. Since I cannot access the account, it's impossible for me to either unsubscribe to that service and to making sure I can keep my domain (I remember I bought it for 1 year only).

Does anyone know who I can contact for further investigation of this issue? I really appreciate your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Lost access to my account

Hi @vibolteav,

If the domain was purchased just 2 months ago, you should have an emailed receipt that will provide you the customer number for login (upper right corner of receipt). You may also want to look in your spam folders and search for "@godaddy.com". Once you find the emailed receipts, you'll know the account number (to use as a login/user name) and which email address was used on the account.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Best bet might be to work with the account recovery team and submit issue on  changeupdate.com

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @vibolteav. Thanks for posting. I would agree with what @WillowKnight said above. You can use the form to try to regain access to the account in question. To do so, you'll need to be able to provide evidence that you are the registrant listed on the domain's WHOIS information. For more information you can see this help article

If you are unable to get back into the account and you no longer need the domain and website, you may consider reversing the charges with your bank. I would only pursue this option if you have no other GoDaddy accounts and do not need to use that payment method with us for any other renewals. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted
Solution

Hi @vibolteav,

If the domain was purchased just 2 months ago, you should have an emailed receipt that will provide you the customer number for login (upper right corner of receipt). You may also want to look in your spam folders and search for "@godaddy.com". Once you find the emailed receipts, you'll know the account number (to use as a login/user name) and which email address was used on the account.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Everyone,

I found the account id, and now I can log in, and also stop the auto-renewal option.

Thanks.