cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Reclaiming VAT

Hi, I have a VAT registered company in the UK and a GoDaddy web site to promote it. We have been paying VAT on our invoices from GoDaddy as I had not entered our VAT registration number in our accounts section.  Is there any way that we can reclaim the VAT?  How can we go about reclaiming the VAT, as GoDaddy is VAT registered in the EU and not Great Britain specifically?

Thanks,  John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Invicta_John

Welcome to our forums. You can add the VAT number to your account so that it is automatically applied to your transactions. Please take a look at this article on how to do so. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Invicta_John

Welcome to our forums. You can add the VAT number to your account so that it is automatically applied to your transactions. Please take a look at this article on how to do so. 

View solution in original post

Hi @charminglygeeky  thanks for your reply. The issue of VAT was raised by our accountant yesterday so I entered our VAT number (in fact I had to call support as I hadn't realised I needed to enter 'GB' before the number. GoDaddy support is pretty good!). Anyway this was all before I posted , our details are now complete.

What I was wondering is, can we reclaim the  VAT we have paid over the years that we needn't have? It amounts to quite a sizeable sum. 

Hi @Invicta_John

I'm glad you were able to contact our support team and get everything situated. To answer your question, I'm afraid your past transactions cannot be changed. So there wouldn't be a way within our system to credit any amount spent before the VAT number was entered.