cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Removing a payment method

There are currently 2 payment methods attached to my account. I tried to remove/delete one of the payment methods and received this message "This payment method is associated to one of your products for auto payment." This is incorrect as I do not have any auto payments active on any of the 3 products I have.

Please correct this issue so I can use the payment method remove/delete feature.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Removing a payment method

@hassan789 wrote:

Hi. Am having the same issue. If you have got your issue resolved. kindly guide me as well to remove my credit card from my account. thanks.

@hassan789, You should be able to remove your credit card by going into your account to do so. Please note that you do need to have at least one credit card on file with us. If you need more help with this, please feel free to contact our customer support team at 480-505-8877. They're available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help. 

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hey @Yourkard,

Welcome to the Community!  While we're not able to see or discuss accounts on here, it sounds as though you have at least one active product associated to that payment method.  You can shift that product to the other payment method, however as long as you have active products, there has to be at least one active payment method on the account, even if the products are set to manual renewal.

Hope that helps.

ML - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/24-7support
Highlighted

I know "it sounds as though you have at least one active product associated to that payment method." However I do not have any auto renew products. I only have 3 products so was not easy to check (again). So it is the GoDaddy system that has the issue and there is nothing I can at this time..

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

@Yourkard,

I apologize if there was any confusion.  Whether or not the products are on manual renewal (i.e., not set to auto renewal), you still are required to have at least one active payment method as long as there are any active products.  

ML - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/24-7support
Highlighted

Hi. Am having the same issue. If you have got your issue resolved. kindly guide me as well to remove my credit card from my account. thanks.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@hassan789 wrote:

@hassan789, You should be able to remove your credit card by going into your account to do so. Please note that you do need to have at least one credit card on file with us. If you need more help with this, please feel free to contact our customer support team at 480-505-8877. They're available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help. 

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I'm unable to remove my cards from Account. This option has been removed. Now I can add the card but I can't remove.

Highlighted

Today try to renew my domain in the portal and shocked that many debit and credit cards listed on the payment page. Even I uncheck  Save Card option every time. But still, how my card details are saved in the portal. Remove card option also removed from the portal.

I wonder how can you save my card details without my knowledge?

Why are you asking to save at least one credit card with GoDaddy?

I don't have CC what is the option?

What is the relation between saving card and buying the domain?

Saving card without knowledge of client is illegal? It's as per  RBI guidelines (INDIA). 

At least I should have the option to remove my card.  Please Help me.

Highlighted

Why should I add at least one payment profile even I set manual to renew?  Since others not forced to set payment profile. Is it as per ICANN guideline?

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Our system requires one payment method be associated with every active product.  If you have set a product to manual renewal, the product will not be charged automatically, however a payment method will still need to be attached.  The only way to remove all payment methods from an account would be to remove any active products.  

MPC