cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Update payment method does not accept Chase Visa?

I received an email this morning (2/21) that the card I was using for my Godaddy account would expire in May (90 days from now).  I went online to change the payment method and your system would not accept my Chase Corporate Visa. So,  I called your support team and they told me that a) they would be glad to manually update my card and would charge my card early for the renewal.  Your tech support kept saying "I don't know why it won't accept your card"- but immediately followed with "I'll be glad to put in your card and charge it now."  So how can they accept my card over the phone (without asking what kind of card it is) and state that it will be accepted. Hmmm....

Please fix this.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: Update payment method does not accept Chase Visa?

Hi @jskardon,

Welcome to the Community!

As the agent's access to your account is through another channel/portal, sometimes they're successful adding a payment method when you're not. (They are not dealing with any local issues on your end that could be preventing this action.) The only way they can add a payment method is to process a product charge through the shopping cart. They can make no changes to your personal profile, including your credit cards.

If you're having trouble adding a new payment method to your account, you can try several actions. If none of these solve your issue, you'll want to call GoDaddy support so the billing team can help you out.

1. Try adding your payment method using a private/incognito browsing window (to avoid caching earlier data).
  2. Check out the article here and make sure your payment method is accepted in your region. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @jskardon,

Welcome to the Community!

As the agent's access to your account is through another channel/portal, sometimes they're successful adding a payment method when you're not. (They are not dealing with any local issues on your end that could be preventing this action.) The only way they can add a payment method is to process a product charge through the shopping cart. They can make no changes to your personal profile, including your credit cards.

If you're having trouble adding a new payment method to your account, you can try several actions. If none of these solve your issue, you'll want to call GoDaddy support so the billing team can help you out.

1. Try adding your payment method using a private/incognito browsing window (to avoid caching earlier data).
  2. Check out the article here and make sure your payment method is accepted in your region. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you for the response. The browser issue makes sense as a possible answer. BTW, my card was not “rejected”. Instead the GoDaddy site responded with “that form of payment is not accepted”.