cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Updated billing address in profile, new PDF VAT invoices

Updated billing address in profile, how can I update PDF VAT invoices then?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Team
Community Team

Hello @Elshad, could you provide some more details about what it is you're trying to do?  Are you trying to update these for your customers, or for yourself?  

You may want to give our live support teams a call to discuss this in more detail since you're asking about a billing related topic.  Once you validate your account security information, our agents can access your account and review your current set up.  

MPC

Trying to get a tax-legally correct invoice from GoDaddy turns out to be a real challenge.

In the last page of buying my domain transfer, I see a way to edit my profile. And there is a VAT ID field.

However, the VAT ID of my company is not present on my invoice.

I go back to my profile, thinking I must have overlooked something. There is a company field, but no VAT ID in that form!

I contact support and the support representative explains that it is not possible to enter a VAT ID when you use PayPal to execute your payment. I fail to understand what my payment method has to do with my invoice.

There is even an article on the GoDaddy site that explains how to enter your VAT ID in your payment method, which confirms what the support person told me. There is no mention at all though in that article, that this does not work with PayPal payment methods.

I do a lot of purchases on the internet and I NEVER encountered a site that does not support a VAT invoice when paying using PayPal. The very concept of putting the VAT ID in your payment method record seems flawed.

I edited the invoice PDF to include my VAT number, which I realise is not very legal. But what GoDaddy does is just plain wrong as well. I have now entered my VAT ID in the second address line of my profile, so at least it will display somewhere in my next invoice. That solves the problem for me.

But I just cannot understand that a big company like GoDaddy is breaking international tax rules like that.

Hi @Peter_Wagemans. Thanks for reaching out. Actually, the ability to have your VAT ID on your receipt is not available, regardless of the payment method you use. While the tax will be taken out, the ID will not be displayed on the receipt. This is something we're working to fix, but I can't say for sure when that will happen. If having your VAT ID on your receipt is absolutely critical for your business, the best we'd be able to offer would be to refund your purchase.  You would then need to purchase the service through a provider that is able to publish those details on your receipt. If you want to arrange that, you can speak with our support team. You may need to ask for a supervisor. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

No need to apologise. As I wrote above, I have a workaround, and that will do until this gets fixed.

I'm quite happy about the rest of your services, so I'm absolutely  not considering switching 🙂