• Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Any and all are welcome to critique my website and webpage

Hello,

I am interested what any of you that are willing to check out my website will have to say.

https://aquariusjeweledbeads.com

https://artoflearning.online

Taracia Chappell
    taracia@aquaruisjeweledbeads.com
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User II

@JeweledBeadstkc 

I make jewelry too so I know how much work and creativity goes into making the items you are displaying.  Your necklaces are beautiful! 😉

Here are some comments on your jewelry site off the top of my head:

=>  The home page hero image is blurry.   So that tells me we could be trying to display larger than the original size.  Images can be displayed smaller but never larger than their original size or they get blurry.  So I would address that so visitors can see the details of your products.

=> We don't have any mention of shipping or returns.  Folks want to know shipping fees up front.  And if you make custom items to order, you'll want to address that in your returns policy too.

=> Get your Privacy policy in place pronto.  That is not something you want "coming soon" on.  Same with your Terms and Conditions page which is blank.

=> For your meet the designer link that goes to Zoom.   The "waiting for host to start the meeting" is not a user-friendly experience.  What if you aren't there and never start? Recommend you note a schedule so that folks know when you are available and what they can expect.  You can use the built in appointment scheduler for that too or check out Calendly which can integrate with Zoom and sends out the invites with required passwords for security.    Then you just put a snippet on your site (Custom HTML widget) that then displays your schedule and availability.

=> Create an About page that has your photo, and explains why you do what you do.  What your passions are and where you get your creativity to make your jewelry.   Customers prefer to do business with those they know and like and your about page helps to build your trust and credibility.

=> Create a FAQ page that answers all the questions that customers may have.  Including the process of making custom items to order.

=> For each item in your shop create a detailed description that includes that type of beads and elements integrated into the items.  The more info the better!  For example, I know from selling my jewelry folks want to know if what type of metal is used in clasps and hooks because of allergies (hypoalergenic/surgical steel).

=> The LinkedIn doesn't go to an active profile and the Twitter link goes to an account other than for your jewelry.  To building your brand you want to have you socials all be consistent and solely for the website that is using them.

=> I would remove donate from your PayPal link.  Unless you are a non-profit or donating all your proceeds to a good cause.

=> Not sure what the study aids has to do with jewelry since nothing jewelry related is mentioned.  This could confuse site visitors.  So clarify or remove.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Actually, you can." ~ Anon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User II

@JeweledBeadstkc 

I make jewelry too so I know how much work and creativity goes into making the items you are displaying.  Your necklaces are beautiful! 😉

Here are some comments on your jewelry site off the top of my head:

=>  The home page hero image is blurry.   So that tells me we could be trying to display larger than the original size.  Images can be displayed smaller but never larger than their original size or they get blurry.  So I would address that so visitors can see the details of your products.

=> We don't have any mention of shipping or returns.  Folks want to know shipping fees up front.  And if you make custom items to order, you'll want to address that in your returns policy too.

=> Get your Privacy policy in place pronto.  That is not something you want "coming soon" on.  Same with your Terms and Conditions page which is blank.

=> For your meet the designer link that goes to Zoom.   The "waiting for host to start the meeting" is not a user-friendly experience.  What if you aren't there and never start? Recommend you note a schedule so that folks know when you are available and what they can expect.  You can use the built in appointment scheduler for that too or check out Calendly which can integrate with Zoom and sends out the invites with required passwords for security.    Then you just put a snippet on your site (Custom HTML widget) that then displays your schedule and availability.

=> Create an About page that has your photo, and explains why you do what you do.  What your passions are and where you get your creativity to make your jewelry.   Customers prefer to do business with those they know and like and your about page helps to build your trust and credibility.

=> Create a FAQ page that answers all the questions that customers may have.  Including the process of making custom items to order.

=> For each item in your shop create a detailed description that includes that type of beads and elements integrated into the items.  The more info the better!  For example, I know from selling my jewelry folks want to know if what type of metal is used in clasps and hooks because of allergies (hypoalergenic/surgical steel).

=> The LinkedIn doesn't go to an active profile and the Twitter link goes to an account other than for your jewelry.  To building your brand you want to have you socials all be consistent and solely for the website that is using them.

=> I would remove donate from your PayPal link.  Unless you are a non-profit or donating all your proceeds to a good cause.

=> Not sure what the study aids has to do with jewelry since nothing jewelry related is mentioned.  This could confuse site visitors.  So clarify or remove.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Actually, you can." ~ Anon

View solution in original post

Great Tips @Muse! Thank you, I have work to do!

Taracia Chappell
    taracia@aquaruisjeweledbeads.com