• GoDaddy Community
  • Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

How to change the content of the email notification that is sent for order fulfilment?

I want to add the link for the shipment tracking in the mail that is sent to the customers on order fulfilment, is there any way we can customise the order fulfilment email content?

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

What platform are you using for your eCommerce solution @Sharang1072? Most platforms initially send a invoice or receipt and in that case the shipping information would not be available. Some platforms have other process gates where once the product is shipped another email is sent out but that is platform dependent. If you would like shipping information as a part of your customer service perhaps this dictates what solution you would choose? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Hey @rd, I'm using the godaddy website+ecommerce plan. In this platform, I have option to "fulfil order" which sends an email to the customer saying that the order has been shipped. I was wondering, if it's possible to customise that email?

Okay, now I understand your dilemma a bit better @Sharang1072. W+M is really built for ease of use as a plug and play solution. Because of this the kind of customization you may enjoy in other platforms is not readily available in W+M. Have you gone through the buy process as a customer? I usually advise that you should checkout or have family member/friends checkout as to familiarize yourself with the process. I know that there are several gates built into W+M, going through the process will help you realize what emails actually go out when. There is a place to add shipping information, I'm not sure if an update email goes out though?

I am not sure if tracking information can be added to the "fulfill order" email. Perhaps that is something that would be great to be included?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Hey @rd! I'm fairly familiar with the whole setup now, and ya, it's pretty nice
    overall. The email does go out to the customers, when I fulfill the order,
    and we can actually add the tracking details in the email, but only for a
    select courier services,which don't include the I use! I can add the
    tracking number, but can't add the link to the website or the name of the
    courier service, which is what I want to add to the email!