cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change ownership of Domain name

Help,

I no longer want the domain name that I own and want to hand it over to someone else, who will own it and pay the yearly ownership, they don't have a GoDaddy account or an account with any other service provider as of yet.

I've tried the Account Change procedure, putting in the new forwarding email address and home address details of the individual, however it keeps telling me:

"Changes to the registrant's First Name, Last Name, or Organization are not allowed for the selected domain extension"

I'm not at all technically minded or understand this. I just want to hand the ownership over to a new owner.

Help.... surely there must a simple way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Re: How to change ownership of Domain name

@Liberty001 wrote:

Help,

I no longer want the domain name that I own and want to hand it over to someone else, who will own it and pay the yearly ownership, they don't have a GoDaddy account or an account with any other service provider as of yet.

I've tried the Account Change procedure, putting in the new forwarding email address and home address details of the individual, however it keeps telling me:

"Changes to the registrant's First Name, Last Name, or Organization are not allowed for the selected domain extension"

I'm not at all technically minded or understand this. I just want to hand the ownership over to a new owner.

Help.... surely there must a simple way to do this?

@Liberty001 What is the domain's extension? Typically a change of ownership is initiated to a new account per these instructions: https://www.godaddy.com/help/move-a-domain-to-another-godaddy-account-822

---

@justingodfrey Thank you for your advice. I had gone through the process as detailed, but that was where the dialogue box appeared when I was finishing the process:

It's a .co.uk url. All I want to do is pass the ownership of this url to someone else, who'll pay the yearly subscription/direct debit etc. Do they have to have a GoDaddy Account in order to do this?

I've input their forwarding email address, put in their details of their home address, ticked the boxes then pressed the finish button and the message then pops up. Its not really making any sense.

Hope you are able to clarify or advise.

Any luck with this one? I have the same issue