cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Can't access transferred domain

I switched from a GoDaddy hosted site to a Managed Word Press and transferred my domain to GoDaddy 3 weeks ago and I still can't access my domain. I've spoken to over a dozen people during the three weeks, with each telling me something different. Apparently it is a "known issue" with domains getting hung up on old hosting sites, or something. One time, I was told it would be a few hours, the next time, the 18th and the next the 28th before it was fixed. It's the 30th and it is not fixed. This is impacting my business. I need to know when this "known issue" will be corrected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @LGF,

The issue involving processes on the older Linux hosting plans has been resolved. Prior to this fix, t was difficult - if not impossible - to remove domain assignments from these hosting plans, preventing the ability to add them to another plan. (The GoDaddy hosting system will not allow domains to be on more than one plan.) You should have no trouble now either updating the domain on the existing plan or moving it to a new plan. Of course, GoDaddy is recommending upgrading off of these older hosting plans, not just for reliability, but to save money as well. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User IV

@LGF 

I assume you are referring to the old GoDaddy Linux Hosting (not cPanel). I've seen a few posts regarding this.

Question for you, if you go to https://dcc.godaddy.com is the domain listed there as hosted? 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Yes, it is listed there as hosted. But I can't attach it to my managed wordpress site for some reason.

Super User IV

@LGF 

1) Is the domain registered at GoDaddy? 

2) Assuming the answer to #1 is no - when you go into Manage DNS at the bottom left under advanced features there should be remove DNS hosting - make sure to take note of any of the records.

3) Then after about 10 minutes you "should" be able to add it to manage WordPress site

NOTE: I have not tried this with the current Linux Hosting not releasing the domain issue, but this has been the solution in the past when a domain is not "released" from the database to be added to another site.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

First of all, thank you for trying to help me! My domain is registered at GoDaddy. I transferred it over three weeks ago. I'm not sure if my old site was Linux hosting or not.

Super User IV

@LGF 

When you spoke with support did you do this over the phone or chat?? I would call back in - if the support person / tech lead is not able to resolve this during your call, I would ask for a ticket to be created.

I've spoken with about a dozen different support personal on the phone. Three have told me it was a known issue, but I was given a different date each time for the problem to be fixed. I will try calling back and ask for a ticket to be created. Thank you for your assistance!

Hi @LGF,

The issue involving processes on the older Linux hosting plans has been resolved. Prior to this fix, t was difficult - if not impossible - to remove domain assignments from these hosting plans, preventing the ability to add them to another plan. (The GoDaddy hosting system will not allow domains to be on more than one plan.) You should have no trouble now either updating the domain on the existing plan or moving it to a new plan. Of course, GoDaddy is recommending upgrading off of these older hosting plans, not just for reliability, but to save money as well. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post