cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Change domain contact information without access to the original registered email address.

Hi

I am trying to transfer a domain address from another GoDaddy account to my own. When I initiated the transfer, I also changed the contact information for the domain. Of course, GoDaddy then sends an authorization email to the domain's registered email address.

The issue is, my client no longer has access to the email address that is registered to the domain. The address has since been deleted. Can GoDaddy authorize this transfer without using the registered email address for the domain, or is there another way to get around this? We have no access to the domain's registered email address but full access to the accounts that I am transferring from and to.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @activefoodsafe. Thanks for posting. The easiest thing to do in this situation is simply cancel the account change in the account the domain is in now. You can do that by visiting this page, checking the box in front of the domain, and then clicking Cancel Transfer. You can then start the transfer over without updating the information. Hope that helps. 

JesseW_0-1594940868951.png

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@activefoodsafe 

My advise is to do the transfer without changing any of the WHOIS / contact information - so you will say to copy the current information and then just accept it - Once it is in your account you should be able to update the WHOIS information without issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Yea, I should have done that. But I already initiated the transfer and we do not have access to the email the authorization email was sent to.

Hi @activefoodsafe. Thanks for posting. The easiest thing to do in this situation is simply cancel the account change in the account the domain is in now. You can do that by visiting this page, checking the box in front of the domain, and then clicking Cancel Transfer. You can then start the transfer over without updating the information. Hope that helps. 

JesseW_0-1594940868951.png

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post