Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact update issue

I have an issue in godaddy panel:

You have contact updates awaiting approval. View now
We've emailed approval requests to:
var9singh@gmail.com
manasturean_ionut@gmail.com
All Emails must be verified before changes take effect.

i don't know how this mail is here manasturean_ionut@gmail.com because is not gmail valid account, and i can't access it or create it. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Contact update issue

Hi @ionut_fbi12, When you update the registrant email on the domain 2 emails go out for approval: one to the new email address you entered and one to the email address on the account. If you can't get the email address you have stated (the gmail), you can cancel the update process in the window that you saw the message. Make sure the account email address is a valid one and start your process over. (If the new email address and the account address are the same, you will get only ONE email to approve.)

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

I have tried cancelling the update but the contact update is still pending. I have contacted Godaddy support but they dont seem to help now I am stuck.

Hi @hostkenya,

To get "unstuck" you need to approve only 2 of the 3 emails sent:

1 goes to the old address on the domain

1 goes to the new address you placed on the domain

1 goes to the email address on the account

You should be able to receive the email at the new address you put on the domain so that it will be approved and active again. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Hi,

I have not received an email on the current admin address for that domain. The new address is the wrong one so that email address will not reach me or the intended new address.

Lastly I have tried to cancel the updates so that i can start over again but the godaddy domain manager gives the message "We are initiating the cancellation process" but nothing.

Thanks

Hi @hostkenya,

You actually don't need access to the current admin email to update contacts. You just to confirm at your account holder email and the "new" or intended email address you are changing it to. Support can assist with canceling and starting over if need be.

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support