cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Explanation not clear

I transferred my domain from network solution to go daddy, but the status is pending.

i do not know the meaning of "transfer in/ transfer out" how do i know which option t choose from the drop down menu????? you assume all people are technical guys this is wrong assumption. u made us suffer.

plz note i have emails at my domain hosted at google. but since i transferred domain to go daddy i am not receiving any emails and not able to send..

shall i need to change anything at google or only here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@Husni 

What the normal process is, once you get purchase the domain transfer / put in the auth codes, there is a 5-7 day window in which it will take to transfer the domain between Network Solutions and GoDaddy

On the "Transfers-In" Menu - you can see the domain - as it is "transferring into your account"

Once the transfer has been completed, you will then just see the domain in your list of domains.

Now in regards to your email - When domains transfer they generally maintain the current DNS settings - or in other words, if Network Solutions was providing you DNS services, then when the domain is transferred it will still be pointing to Network Solutions - If you were using a 3rd party for DNS it would be pointed there.

Now assuming it was using Network Solutions you will need to go into the manage section of the domain and change from custom name servers to default.

You will then need to update the IP address for your website and the MX records for Google

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@Husni 

What the normal process is, once you get purchase the domain transfer / put in the auth codes, there is a 5-7 day window in which it will take to transfer the domain between Network Solutions and GoDaddy

On the "Transfers-In" Menu - you can see the domain - as it is "transferring into your account"

Once the transfer has been completed, you will then just see the domain in your list of domains.

Now in regards to your email - When domains transfer they generally maintain the current DNS settings - or in other words, if Network Solutions was providing you DNS services, then when the domain is transferred it will still be pointing to Network Solutions - If you were using a 3rd party for DNS it would be pointed there.

Now assuming it was using Network Solutions you will need to go into the manage section of the domain and change from custom name servers to default.

You will then need to update the IP address for your website and the MX records for Google

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post