cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Getting Started

GoDaddy blocking domain transfer

We have tried to move a domain to another registrar - the AUTH CODE was given to the other registrar. They say it "FAILED". When trying to reach GoDaddy in live chat - everything is now blocked. It appears GoDaddy are blocking the domain transfer.

What is the contact for GoDaddy management to escalate this matter ?

GoDaddyUser
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @audiobuy,

Welcome to the Community!

There is rarely a reason to escalate a transfer and GoDaddy does not block transfers unless there's a condition or status of the customer's domain that prohibits that move. Make sure when you are pasting the authorization code in at the gaining registrar, you have no unseen spaces before or after the code. You'll also want to be sure you use the most current authorization code, if you have requested others made for your download in the past.

In addition, if the domain is a ccTLD, you may need to call GoDaddy customer support to escalate a request for the proper EPP Code. You can check this article to see if there is a special requirement for your domain. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
Getting Started

Well , i would go to live chat support - but your live chat has been DOWN for 3 days.

GoDaddyUser

Hi @audiobuy,

GoDaddy chat has not been down. Our Chat support is available from 5am-6pm MST (GMT-7), Monday - Friday on our US page: https://www.godaddy.com/help/?countryview=1. Make sure you are accessing during the available hours and using the US home page link shown. While the chat team is helping other customers, the chat option may not be on-screen until the next agent is available.

Some of your subsequent posts have been removed as they do not contribute to the resolution of your issue. We would like to include relevant replies to help other members of the Community to see how the issue is resolved. 

Please provide a reply with the domain name you are attempting to transfer, so further help can be advised.

There is no "proper" vs improper code, you simply need to use the most current one, in case you have asked support to regenerate a code for you. If your domain is a ccTLD (which you have not stated), the request will need to be escalated upon validation into your account with an agent.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
Getting Started

What is the contact number, the importing registrar have advised me to have the registry contact GoDaddy about not supplying correct AUTH codes (proper EPP codes).

GoDaddyUser

Chat person "Nipun S" has been requested to provide the PROPER EPP code for domain transfer. I am waiting for this.

GoDaddyUser
Getting Started

Yes , we initially got the AUTH code using the GODADDY admin side - this "FAILED".

I then opened this thread and GoDaddy said a "proper EPP code" is required for ccTLD domains - they provided this earlier and my new registrant are trying this now.

Go to GoDaddy live chat and ask them to give you the PROPER EPP code.

GoDaddyUser

Please tell us if your AUTH code or "Proper EPP code for ccTLD domains" works or does not work. I am getting alot of feedback about this and it seems that GoDaddy are making it hard for people to move their domains elsewhere - information is being collected and a formal dispute lodged with the registrar (the body which oversees these things).

GoDaddyUser

For 3 days now i have been trying to move my domain to another registrar but it comes up as "FAILED" everything - do GoDaddy prevent domain migration in order to keep profits or something along these lines ?

GoDaddyUser