cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to transfer domains from WildWest Domains to GoDaddy

I was trying to transfer a domain from west wild to my godaddy account, and in the second step, after unlocking the domain from and going to domain transfer it says that the domain is already registered here. what should I do now? 

I looked it up and west wild domains is owned by Godaddy so my guess that it is on deeper level the domain is actually registered on some type of joint server or registerer (don't know the exact terminology) but I can't find an option to transfer between the two platforms . 

Please, help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Vibes_inno.,

Welcome to the Community!

When transferring a domain from a WildWest Domains (reseller) account, a transfer for that domain must be purchased in the GoDaddy account. The authorization code for the domain is entered in that process on the GoDaddy side. It functions as if coming from another domain registrar. If this process isn't working for you, please post the domain name so that we can look it up externally to get a better picture of its current status. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@Vibes_inno 

In the past, the way this had to be done was to actually purchase a domain transfer vs doing an account change. WildWest is a well known GoDaddy reseller. 

Have you tried doing an account change and putting in your GoDaddy account information??

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @Vibes_inno.,

Welcome to the Community!

When transferring a domain from a WildWest Domains (reseller) account, a transfer for that domain must be purchased in the GoDaddy account. The authorization code for the domain is entered in that process on the GoDaddy side. It functions as if coming from another domain registrar. If this process isn't working for you, please post the domain name so that we can look it up externally to get a better picture of its current status. 

View solution in original post

It is mango-arabia.com 
It keeps receiving " Domain is already registered here."  on the second step in the guide ( Initiate transfer) 

Hi @Vibes_inno,

Make sure you are making the transfer purchase in the GoDaddy account. If there are any other active, or stalled transfers in the account, you will get an error message indicating the domain already being in the account (even if only a transfer request has been recorded and not complete). The system won't let you purchase the transfer twice.

An external review shows the domain in a locked status for transfer. If you have already unlocked the domain in the original account (the reseller account), you simply need to restart the transfer in the GoDaddy account. If you go to the transfer screen ("Transfers" found in the Domains drop-down menu in the Domain Manager at the top left) you can select the transfer there. Then choose the button above the transfer list that reads "Restart Transfer". That should put your transfer back in progress mode.

If you're not able to restart, you can cancel the transfer and be refunded, or credited by customer support. Then you can use that credit to repurchase the transfer, if needed.