cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

How to transfer my domain to another hosting?

Hi,

I want to know that how can I transfer my domain which is registered on Godaddy.com to another web hosting company.

In fact, when I want to transfer my domain from the web hosting site, I got an error that : "Unfortunately this domain cannot be transferred. One of the reasons could be: domain was registered less than 60 days ago, domain is locked by current domain registration company or domain has privacy protection enabled. Please contact current domain registration company for more details."

If it's possible please give me some advice to solve the problem.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: How to transfer my domain to another hosting?

Hi @shahdoust,

I didn't see the domain listed, but if it less than 60 days old (since registration) it can't be transferred. This is a registry rule for all registrars. This will tell you more:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/transferring-domain-names-to-another-registrar-3560

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @shahdoust,

I didn't see the domain listed, but if it less than 60 days old (since registration) it can't be transferred. This is a registry rule for all registrars. This will tell you more:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/transferring-domain-names-to-another-registrar-3560

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @T-3D,

Thanks for your answer. It helps to solving my problem.

kind regards

Highlighted

Re: undo 60 day lock

How do you undo the 60 day lock placed by CAAN due to a simple change in contact information.  I am doing a domain transfer out.  Help desk said to email undo60@godaddy.com but that bounced back.  Thanks

Highlighted

I have transferred my GODADDY domain schoolofwealth.asia to hostgator. I changed the nameservers. However, when i enter schoolofwealth.asia, there is a blank page.
1) How do i verify if the transfer to another hosting was successful?
2) How do i edit my website through wordpress?

Highlighted

Hey @DEXTERCHOO,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

You could try WhoIs results as one method of confirming if your custom nameservers have taken effect. However, another method is try a public DiG. There are some free services and site optimization checking tools out on your preferred search engine results that include DiG results on your domain. 

Right now I see the same blank page you are, but I can also see in a public DiG that it is resolving to ns8469.hostgator.com and ns8470.hostgator.com as the assigned nameservers. Since it looks to be pointing to their hosting servers from these results, you may want to check with their support on why the blank page is coming up.

Since you mentioned this being a WordPress site, you may also want to check out our Troubleshooting Article as a blank page is a common one that can come up. Perhaps the solution here can help you get this corrected. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Highlighted
New

Hello. I can not transfer my domain to tumblr. It says try again later or contact support if problem countinues. Help pleaseee/