cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Issues moving a domain from another GoDaddy account.

Hi I hope someone can help.

Another GoDaddy account is transferring their Domain to my account. However we hit a brick wall everytime it gets to the point that the current registrant has to approve changes made once I accept the transfer.......today is the 4th attempt to conclude what seems to me to be a very simple process.  

When I accept the transfer I click skip and approve all with regards the registrant details as I've been advised I can make changes later.   However there seems to be a glitch in the system as the current registrant has added N/A under 'Province' and the system won't let me continue unless I delete this. So this means I have made changes and it then goes back to the current registrant to approve these changes.

However the current registrant says they are not receiving an email to advise them they need to approve the changes and they have done everything they need to do.   So on it goes. I've sent him links, gone through it step by step but he still says he isn't receiving notification about any approval.

I've chatted with approx 8 different agents, every time I have to explain the issue as it seems they don't keep a record of issues per customer.  And I've been advised to go through 3 different processes. Why don't they keep a record of customer issues so we don't have to keep explaining ourselves?

Does anyone have a screenshot of what that email should look like so I can send it on to the current registrant? The one that needs approval after changes have been made?

I've asked for this through chat and they say they don't have an example!  

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ruby4,

Sorry you're having so much trouble with the domain. Is there a reason why the original owner (trying to move it to your account) has not corrected the invalid whois of the incomplete State/Province field? Is there no state designation for the address on the domain?

Make sure the other party has listed "@GoDaddy.com" as a preferred sender in their email plan. The email requiring their approval may have been filtered out and prevented delivery. (GoDaddy would not see a bounce error.) 

If the customer corrects the whois data, then starts the account change by choosing to "copy the current domain contact information the the new account", you should be able to transfer the domain quickly between accounts.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@ruby4 

I've had the account change issue multiple times and accepting without changes is usually the workaround. Can you let us know what domain you are looking to transfer. I'm going to tag a GoDaddy moderator on this to see if they can assist.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Hi thanks for replying the domain is ruby-estates.com 

I'm actually receiving this into my account from another GoDaddy account

New

Hi GoDaddy asked me to cancel the transfer in and we started all over again. I am now at the pending account changes stage, accept transfer and I still have the issue of not being able to  complete the process when I choose 'Skip review and approve all info' as the system does not accept the N/A under 'Province' which was completed by the current owner.  If I make a change again (delete the N/A) it has to be approved and the current owner does not receive any emails etc to approve this. This is the 4th time we are trying to complete something which seems to be a very simple process but due to a glitch in the system it's not going through.  

I've chatted to numerous agents and I'm not getting anywhere. Does anyone know if I can go through any other route to get this sorted out? Thanks 

Hi @ruby4,

Sorry you're having so much trouble with the domain. Is there a reason why the original owner (trying to move it to your account) has not corrected the invalid whois of the incomplete State/Province field? Is there no state designation for the address on the domain?

Make sure the other party has listed "@GoDaddy.com" as a preferred sender in their email plan. The email requiring their approval may have been filtered out and prevented delivery. (GoDaddy would not see a bounce error.) 

If the customer corrects the whois data, then starts the account change by choosing to "copy the current domain contact information the the new account", you should be able to transfer the domain quickly between accounts.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post