cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Migrating domain to another GoDaddy account - What happens to DNS?

I'm planning on migrating a domain from one GoDaddy account to another GoDaddy account. The documentation to initiate the transfer look straightforward but I currently have the DNS setup for the domain also at GoDaddy and the documentation is a bit vague on what happens there. Will the DNS settings be migrated over without any downtime? Anything that I should be aware of?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi johannth,

If you have DNS set up at GoDaddy, the zone file moves over to the new account with the domain. If you have the nameservers pointed to a 3rd party, those nameserver settings would move over to the new account (zone file would stay at the 3rd party).

So in your case, the DNS settings you currently have at GoDaddy would remain the same and would show up in the new account once the domain is moved.

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi johannth,

If you have DNS set up at GoDaddy, the zone file moves over to the new account with the domain. If you have the nameservers pointed to a 3rd party, those nameserver settings would move over to the new account (zone file would stay at the 3rd party).

So in your case, the DNS settings you currently have at GoDaddy would remain the same and would show up in the new account once the domain is moved.

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post