cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

My domain host is charging for domain transfer. Normal?

Hi folks.

I have a couple of domains with a local domain registrar. I want to move these domains to NameCheap. When I asked the guy to provide me the Auth Codes/ Epp Keys, he said there'd a bee fee per domain and I've have to pay it before he gave me the codes. The fee isn't much, but for several domains put together, it adds up.

Is this "charge" normal? He says it's the ICANN fee. But from this page,

ICANN (the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) charges a mandatory annual fee of $0.18 for each domain registration, renewal or transfer. This will be added to the listed price for some domains, at the time of purchase.

He's charging way more than $0.18/domain.

Just wanted to know if he's allowed to charge me or am I just getting scammed?

I've never done domain transfers. Help me out?

Thank you..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Firoj12,

Welcome to the Community!

As you're moving domains between two 3rd-party registrars, GoDaddy is unable to examine their fees or determine their reasons for fees. You'll need to contact those registrars for more information and assistance in your transfer. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Firoj12,

Welcome to the Community!

As you're moving domains between two 3rd-party registrars, GoDaddy is unable to examine their fees or determine their reasons for fees. You'll need to contact those registrars for more information and assistance in your transfer. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post