cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

My domain name transfer has been deleted.

I bought a domain from another hosting 2 years ago, and when my domain has been expired, I decided to switch to GoDaddy. But when I transact with the other hosting, it is almost done, but they don't have the EPP Code.

Then, I received an e-mail that "Your item's been deleted."

What should I do?

2 REPLIES 2
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: My domain name transfer has been deleted.

When you transfer a domain to GoDaddy, you must provide GoDaddy with the EPP code, which comes from the company you're transferring away from. The code is required, there is no way to transfer a domain without it.

If you don't provide any codes, GoDaddy will eventually cancel the transfer and refund it. Customer support can repurchase the transfer for you and help you enter the EPP code.

If I were you, I would first contact your current provider and get them to provide you with the EPP code, then contact GoDaddy to restart the transfer.

Re: My domain name transfer has been deleted.

@BenWTF wrote:

When you transfer a domain to GoDaddy, you must provide GoDaddy with the EPP code, which comes from the company you're transferring away from. The code is required, there is no way to transfer a domain without it.

My previous host didn't provide me with the EPP Code. They said: "We are sad to say that we did not received any EPP code from our end is because the domain is under redemption period."

@BenWTF wrote:

If you don't provide any codes, GoDaddy will eventually cancel the transfer and refund it. Customer support can repurchase the transfer for you and help you enter the EPP code.

Are you referring to GoDaddy's Customer Support?