cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

No followup from support about domain transfer

I called UAE local support to buy a service, they promised to send me email with details, i waited a week with no reply! Then I called again and informed them with my last experience with no response, I requested them to file a complaint and get back to me, they filed and promised to get back to me within 72 hours, but it's been 2 weeks!!

Is really go daddy local numbers are real or fake?

If real then it's a disaster for go daddy, extremely very bad and worst support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

@Husni Glad you got that taken care of! The domain is in a transfer status. The transfer of the domain registration should complete automatically within 5-7 days as long as the request isn't denied on the Network Solutions side. (That would be unlikely, but make sure to watch for communications from Network Solutions just to be safe.) This process can not be expedited by GoDaddy. It might be possible to speed up the transfer from the Network Solutions side, but you'd need to ask them to be sure. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Community Manager

Hi @Husni. Sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your customer care experience. The numbers listed on our UAE page (ae.godaddy.com) should always get you to qualified GoDaddy Guide. Quality of support is something that we take great pride in and this definitely doesn't sound like the type of experience we want customers to have. We will have your feedback forwarded on appropriately. We're always looking for ways to get better and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

If there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, I'd encourage you to post that subject as it's own thread. Someone may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi again,

Thank you, I will wait to hear from them.

My concern is I want to move my domain hosting from networksolutions to you
and renew it. What's the process I have to follow step by step?

Regards

Community Manager

Hi @Husni - The steps you'd take depends on what you're trying to accomplish. "Domain hosting" can mean different things. If you mean the domain name registration (the domain itself), then you'll want to follow this guide. If you want to move the website hosting associated with your domain (hosting holds your website files), then this guide should help.

Hello again,

Yes I want to transfer my domain name and then renew it with you. What I am
waiting now is a confirmation on the .com domain renewal for $10 as per
your support guy who gave me this priced confirmed the same price every
year.

You can listen to the recorded call and commit as per your employee
confirmation. If this is the commitment of Go Daddy!

Awaits your response.

Regards

Hi @Husni,

If you are transferring a domain from Network Solutions to GoDaddy, the cost will be 7.99 (+ ICANN fee of $.18), not $10. Once the transfer is completed at GoDaddy, another year of registration (a renewal) will be added to the domain. Your first actions, as shown in the previous link, is to unlock your domain and obtain the authorization code from the current registrar. Then purchase the transfer at GoDaddy with that code. The domain will be moved into your GoDaddy account by the Registry in 5-7 days. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Hello,

The $10 I was referring to is the total cost for transfer and one year
renewal fee since my .COM domain will end after around days). This is what
your support guy confirmed to me (you may refer to the recorded call). He
also confirmed that the yearly renewal fee later will be same $10) and not
only this first year.

Kindly confirm to start the process, since no one has come back to me yet
regarding my issue.

Thanks for your help.

Community Manager

@Husni It sounds like the guide you spoke with was misinformed. The reality is what was explained by @TLH. The listed on our website for domain transfers includes *one year of renewal for the domain transferred. If you purchase additional years at the time of transfer, you'd get them for the same price. However, after that time (however much you purchase) is over, the domain will renew at the regular rate. The system will not work any other way. Sorry for any confusion. 

If you'd like to proceed with the transfer, please use the instructions I linked to previously. This is not something that we would be able to start for you. If you want help starting the process, please contact our customer care team once more.

*For some domain extensions (like .in) an additional year is not included in the price of the transfer fee. 

Hello again

Please excuse my ignorance, I want to transfer my domain and renew it, how
much is it?

Hi @Husni,

The transfer and renewal are one price on a .COM. For $8.17 ($7.99 + .18 ICANN fee) the domain is both transferred and renewed for one year. After transfer, it will not need to be renewed until 2021. You can use the drop-down in the cart (prior to purchase) if you want the domain to go out for more than that 1-year renewal. It will show you the price there, then you can approve by processing the purchase.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

hi

i got authorization code from netwrok solution... where to enter it???

your explaination is tough... plz explain step by step dont consider all people are clever like u, some people r stupid like me

i really fed up from u and network solutions.

again"

my domain is hosted at bloody networksolutions and i want to transfer it to u... i got authorization code... what next? where should i enter it? it is yellow and after i enter the code the continue button still inactive.. why?

why u dont have chat for technical to help if u care...

Community Manager

I'm sorry this is so frustrating for you @Husni. If you can tell us what step in the instructions you're getting stuck on, we can try to clarify. 

If you're still seeing a yellow flag after entering your authorization code, that could be caused by a few things:

• Invisible characters - Sometimes if you copy and paste a code, special formatting characters can be included. Try either typing the code directly in to the field or pasting the code into a text editor (like notepad) first and then copying it from there before pasting it into the field. 
  • Browser issuesOften issues like this are caused either by browser caching or a conflict with a browser plugin/extension. I'd suggest first clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't help, then try using a cacheless browsing window (FireFox private window, Chrome incognito, etc.), then an entirely different browser. 
  • Incompatible code - This is very rare, but occasionally a code that is generated by another registrar might have characters in it that are not compatible with our system. Asking your current registrar (network solutions) for a new code may help. 

I hope these suggestions help. 

hi,

i am referring to his link:
https://ae.godaddy.com/help/transferring-away-from-network-solutions-8034

in the box of "Get authorization code" it is not clickable, means i
cant click inside the box and write the code.. and after some many tries (i
dont know how), i could write the code inside the box BUT the "Continue"
button below to the box in not clickable!!!

Community Manager

@Husni Please provide a screenshot of the issue you're seeing. Also, please provide the domain name you're trying to transfer. This will aid the discussion occurring here. 

PFA the screenshot.

my domain is mobistine.com

Community Manager

@Husni It looks like your domain is still locked. You will need to unlock the domain in your Network Solutions account. This Network Solutions article may help with that. If not, you will need to reach out to their support team. 

Image 2.png

hi,

i went through the steps but did not find where is that lock!!??
i can give you my log in credential there to check, becaus i got
frustrated... what to do now????
Community Manager

Hi @Husni - I really am sorry you're having such a frustrating experience. We would definitely NOT be able to log into your Network Solutions account to assist with this. If the instructions in their help document are not working, you will probably need to get in touch with them for further assistance in getting your domain unlocked. Sorry 🙁

H again,

i called networksolutions and i could unlock it.. now it worked and i paid your fee..

can you please check it now at your hosting and advise what is next?

my domain is mobistine.com

thanks 

Community Manager

@Husni Glad you got that taken care of! The domain is in a transfer status. The transfer of the domain registration should complete automatically within 5-7 days as long as the request isn't denied on the Network Solutions side. (That would be unlikely, but make sure to watch for communications from Network Solutions just to be safe.) This process can not be expedited by GoDaddy. It might be possible to speed up the transfer from the Network Solutions side, but you'd need to ask them to be sure. 

View solution in original post