cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Now Site Hosting Provider

Hi

My domain is with GoDaddy but my site is hosted by Vade. Vade are shutting up shop and I've moved website hosting to DreamHost.  All data has been migrated to the new Website hosting company, how do I go about ensuring visitors go to the new site and not the old one? I was thinking I'd need to register the site as hosted on DreamHost, then change the A records here on GoDaddy to point to the IP on Dreamhost is that correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@faolchu 

There isn't any "registration" you should have to do other than "adding" the domain on DreamHost - then as you stated just update the IP address to dreamhost and you should be good to go. I would add something to the footer of the site just to confirm you are getting to the new server.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@faolchu 

There isn't any "registration" you should have to do other than "adding" the domain on DreamHost - then as you stated just update the IP address to dreamhost and you should be good to go. I would add something to the footer of the site just to confirm you are getting to the new server.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post