cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Taking ownership of a domain and adding it to my GoDaddy account

Hi,

I've been trawling through the internet and I'm completely stuck with this. I've been asked to build a website for a church and the domain was bought by a third party who is willing to transferring ownership to myself.

This isn't something I've dealt with before and he asked for an IPS tag for which I gave him GODADDY. How exactly do I get the domain onto my account?

Thanks

Chris

14 REPLIES 14
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Taking ownership of a domain and adding it to my GoDaddy account

If the 3rd party domain provider has already hosted the domain with Godaddy then, you can move the domain to your Godaddy account Freely.

If not then you'll need to pay desired Transfer amount in these you must call Godaddy Customer Support and they can help you better !

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the reply. That makes a lot more sense. It appears the domain was registered with InterNetX. Is it godaddy who determine the transfer fee or the seller?

Thanks

Chris

Helper V
Helper V
Solution

Yes it's Godaddy !

As they are taking ownership of a domain registered somewhere else, a basic charge is required.

Also transferring to Godaddy gives you a 1 year of renewal from now.

i.e xyz.com is a domain I purchased 6 months ago and still 6 months are remaining, transferring it will make it again 1 year term of your domain.

So if you find this helpful please mark this topic as accepted solution. This will help other community members to keep the form clean.

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar

I'm trying to transfer a domain from a chinese registrar Zhuce to GoDaddy - not sure how to go about it. Any suggestions from community (anyone who has Zhuce account)

Employee
Employee

Hello @omthoke!

Welcome to the community! You would use these steps to transfer your domain to your account with us.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Why can't I find how much the charge is to transfer a domane to GoDaddy???

Employee
Employee

Hello @kgib!

Thank you for posting! The price to transfer is listed on our website. If you have any other questions, let us know.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

I have purchased a domain from another party and it is in escrow at flippa.com.   The current owner is ready to transfer ownership to me.  I want the domain transferred into my godaddy account.    Who needs to do what to get that done ?

Hi

I'm trying to transfer a domain name to GoDaddy - I have an authorisation code - but when I try and enter it it asked for the transaction ID and that code.  I am taking the order number for the transfer request (from control panel and email) but it keeps saying error.

Am I doing something wrong?!

Thanks for any help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @hallsbells,

Just a chance easy solution here from experience, change your web browser. Try doing it with Firefox for example. It just works sometimes.

Best of luck!

Thanks @Anonymous</a> - I gave that a try (from Safari to Firefox) - but it's still saying invalid transaction ID

Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution

Hmmmm......

I can't help feel (hunch) that it's maybe a copy / paste problem (best starting with the simple stuff first just to rule it out) if you are copying and pasting maybe try just typing it in........ 

The only folk who will have access to your account are support. If you keep having problems then perhaps a call to them would sort it out for you.

Good luck.

In case this helps anyone else - I had an updated message from the seller with their own authorisation code and also a GoDaddy reference code (which was different to the transaction reference I had been using.

So that worked!

I have a domain register from iPage and I want help transfer my domain form iPage to Godaddy.

Thank you!