cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transfer domain to another GoDaddy account

Hello guys, I need your help. I can't transfer my domain to another account whenever I do the request, my domain is pending and www. portalestreiamusica .info

[This message was moved to its own post as the one it was added to is already resolved.]

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User IV

@portalestreia 

Just to confirm you are looking to transfer portalestreiamusica.info to another GoDaddy account??

1) When you do the transfer, do you say copy the current information to the new account

2) When the person accepts it do they just review / accept the information or do they try to update the WHOIS information

I find that you try to update the WHOIS information and both parties don't approve the updates then it can pause / stop the transfer vs keeping all the WHOIS static and then changing it once it has completed the transfer.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Hi @bethplummer1313,

Welcome to the Community!

The security in your account prevents a GoDaddy agent from being able to move a domain from one account to another. As long as you have the email address of the party to which you're moving the domain, you can use these instructions for the process. If you have the account number you can add that as well. It will allow the recipient to see the domain in their account prior to acceptance. There is even a video to guide you through the steps.

If you're having trouble with this action, we can suggest two things. First, try the Account Change using a private/incognito browsing window to avoid any caching from previous attempts. You may also wish to choose "yes" in step 7 to simplify the move, leaving it for the recipient to update any registrant data on the domain.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@portalestreia 

Just to confirm you are looking to transfer portalestreiamusica.info to another GoDaddy account??

1) When you do the transfer, do you say copy the current information to the new account

2) When the person accepts it do they just review / accept the information or do they try to update the WHOIS information

I find that you try to update the WHOIS information and both parties don't approve the updates then it can pause / stop the transfer vs keeping all the WHOIS static and then changing it once it has completed the transfer.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Just a quick glance and I see several people that are having the same issue as me. It does not work. I have tried to transfer a domain from another godaddy acct 4 times! Chat is no help and I am wasting my time. You would think this would be easy. I transfer domains all the time but I myself use namecheap...because it works. Why can't your support just move the domain for me?

Hi @bethplummer1313,

Welcome to the Community!

The security in your account prevents a GoDaddy agent from being able to move a domain from one account to another. As long as you have the email address of the party to which you're moving the domain, you can use these instructions for the process. If you have the account number you can add that as well. It will allow the recipient to see the domain in their account prior to acceptance. There is even a video to guide you through the steps.

If you're having trouble with this action, we can suggest two things. First, try the Account Change using a private/incognito browsing window to avoid any caching from previous attempts. You may also wish to choose "yes" in step 7 to simplify the move, leaving it for the recipient to update any registrant data on the domain.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support