cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

CRON Daemon Stops Working

GoDaddy hosts my website on a shared Linux server.  I have a CRON job that runs nightly.  A couple of times a year the CRON daemon appears to stop and the CRON jobs don't get executed.  I have to call GoDaddy and spend an hour explaining/troubleshooting each time before the support person finally escalates the call to server support and it gets fixed.  This has been going on for 4-5 years.  Has anyone else experienced this?  If so, is there a permanent solution or some way to have GoDaddy provided better service?  I would rather not pay for a dedicated server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@CabinDweller 

Is this a cPanel server or just a Linux hosting server. The linux hosting servers are being phased out and accounts are being migrated to cPanel - The cPanel server may solve the issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@CabinDweller 

Is this a cPanel server or just a Linux hosting server. The linux hosting servers are being phased out and accounts are being migrated to cPanel - The cPanel server may solve the issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post