cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

GoDaddy TOS Compliance Question

Hello, I was operating a website where myself and some colleagues monitor the activity of a well known Canadian pedophile, internet bully, racist, etc. This person has a long history of some rather dark things including preying on underage teenage girls. We post pictures of news clippings, twitter and other social media posts, things that have been shared in public forums, etc. It's a visual gallery of what this person is like using things that are easily found on google, but compiled in one source. Our former platform - Wix - shut the site down. Will your platform allow a site like ours? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @NewbieBuilder1,  my best guess without being a legal expert would be that the GoDaddy and Wix terms of service are probably very similar in regards to what is allowed to be hosted on our servers.  If your content was found to be in violation of the terms of service of one major hosting provider, it would more than likely be susceptible to the same violations on other hosting plans.

You can view the GoDaddy terms of service here:  https://www.godaddy.com/legal-agreements.

I say this without knowing the details of why Wix removed your hosting plan.  I'd recommend reviewing the terms of service thoroughly and seeing if your hosted site would be in full compliance.  Additionally, If you were to speak to a legal authority about the content and it's relation to hosting terms of service, that might give you a better idea of how to proceed.  

Thanks!

MPC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @NewbieBuilder1,  my best guess without being a legal expert would be that the GoDaddy and Wix terms of service are probably very similar in regards to what is allowed to be hosted on our servers.  If your content was found to be in violation of the terms of service of one major hosting provider, it would more than likely be susceptible to the same violations on other hosting plans.

You can view the GoDaddy terms of service here:  https://www.godaddy.com/legal-agreements.

I say this without knowing the details of why Wix removed your hosting plan.  I'd recommend reviewing the terms of service thoroughly and seeing if your hosted site would be in full compliance.  Additionally, If you were to speak to a legal authority about the content and it's relation to hosting terms of service, that might give you a better idea of how to proceed.  

Thanks!

MPC

View solution in original post