cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Godaddy Launch Business Hosting - Beware of Deceptive Advertising

They advertise 60 GB of space for their Launch Package, however when you buy the plan they say its only 40 GB of space on Dedicated Hosting. 

20 GB of Space is already consumed before you even start building anything

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Godaddy Launch Business Hosting - Beware of Deceptive Advertising

@haztea 

This isn't deceptive advertising at all. Your server has to house the OS as well or you wouldn't be able to use it. This is simply how hosting works when you buy a server with dedicated resources.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User III
Super User III

Re: Godaddy Launch Business Hosting - Beware of Deceptive Advertising

@haztea 

In fact, this is the disclaimer at the bottom of the page for the hosting plans, in simple and plain English:

^ Storage Capacity. The total amount of usable storage capacity for your particular Hosting Service(s) may differ from the represented capacity as there is required space for the operating system(s), system file(s) and other supporting file(s).

You have to read the fine print. It's not the hosting company's fault that you didn't educate yourself on what you were buying and feel let down.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community