cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to transfer websites to new hosting?

I'm gonna to buy new hosting plan to have PHP 7.2, but how I can move websites and databases from old Godaddy hosting plan? And how much does it cost if I'll order such tool from Godaddy technics?

Thx!

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Re: How to transfer websites to new hosting?

No need to pay! Are you using the Unix hosting for the old account? If so, you can download both the database and website via the cPanel.

1. Log into your cPanel

2.Under Databases select phpMyAdmin

3. Once inside phpMyAdmin you will see a list of all of your databases on the left hand side of the screen

4. Click on the database you wish to transfer

5.On the top right hand side of your screen you will see tabs with options, choose Export

6. I am assuming you are going to use cPanel as the admin on your new hosting account. If this is so, make sure you leave the format as "SQL". 

7.Click the "Go" button. You will be asked to save the file to your local hard drive. Once you have browsed to the location where you wish to save the file, click Save.

You have now exported a copy of your database. To Import to your new hosting platform you need to access your cPanel - Databases - myPhpAdmin and then choose Import from the Tab options at the top of the page. Follow the directions and do not change any of the settings.

Hope this helps,

PCHesse

Re: How to transfer websites to new hosting?

@PCHesse

Thx so much for your reply! Well, I do not know if it's Unix, there is "Deluxe Web Hosting Linux" with Control Panel. I have also seen there is an option "upgrade to Ultimate WebHosting Linux", maybe all I need is just an upgrade? Or buy new hosting plan is the only solution to use php 7.2?

Thx!

@PCHesse wrote:

No need to pay! Are you using the Unix hosting for the old account? If so, you can download both the database and website via the cPanel.

1. Log into your cPanel

2.Under Databases select phpMyAdmin

3. Once inside phpMyAdmin you will see a list of all of your databases on the left hand side of the screen

4. Click on the database you wish to transfer

5.On the top right hand side of your screen you will see tabs with options, choose Export

6. I am assuming you are going to use cPanel as the admin on your new hosting account. If this is so, make sure you leave the format as "SQL". 

7.Click the "Go" button. You will be asked to save the file to your local hard drive. Once you have browsed to the location where you wish to save the file, click Save.

You have now exported a copy of your database. To Import to your new hosting platform you need to access your cPanel - Databases - myPhpAdmin and then choose Import from the Tab options at the top of the page. Follow the directions and do not change any of the settings.

Hope this helps,

PCHesse