cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

SendMail Script

Hello

I have a CGI script that is supposed to read a web page, print the results and send me an email. But since last week, it hasn't been working. Does anyone know if there is a problem with sendmail and where the script is located?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Helper III
Helper III

Re: SendMail Script

@RZ0410,

What type of hosting are you using, how are you executing this script, & what's the purpose of doing this?

New

Hi Sethl

I have Linux hosting;
I am running a cgi script in the cgi folder;
I am running a football pool where users send their picks, hit the submit button, it prints their picks and I get an email and the sender gets a confirmation email back.
It worked since September but stopped last Wednesday. The permissions on the files was changed to 604. I changed them back to 755 but I still don't get the Emails from the sender
Thank you
New

Does anyone have any idea why it doesn't work? Godaddy is no help at all.

New

GoDaddy Rips You Off

I have been running cgi script for over 3 years with the Linux Economy package because the sales rep at GoDaddy told me that's what I needed. Since 2 weeks ago, the scripts do not run. I called several times (one time was on hold for 1:53 minutes) and now they tell me that I have to upgrade the service and what I had should have never worked. So if I want to have the cgi scripts to work, and I need it for my web site, I have to pay extra. What a shock! I will be cancelling this crap service as soon as I can.

Just to know that GoDaddy support is the worst and they have no idea what they are doing. They change the file permissions and rename files and not change them back.

Get 1&1 or Gator or Network Solutions. GoDaddy is the worst!

Helper V
Helper V

Re: GoDaddy Rips You Off

Please note Godaddy Support's you only Hosting Side. Development enviorment is something you've to work with. If you want Godaddy to help on it then you'll need to pay Expert Solution's Fees

However this same issue is with another person also. Read This Post and you'll find something you may need.

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar