cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Free Shipping vs Shipping Included

After having done much research, I found there is a big difference between FREE SHIPPING and SHIPPING INCLUDED for the sake of transparency to our customers.

I wonder if Go Daddy would be able to give online stores a choice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@ffshowcase

Hmmm... That's easier typed than done.  😉  

If I understand correctly, you want to have a shipping formula, calculate it based on each orders details, then hide that and roll it into the product price so "shipping is included" but not visible to the customer?  That is uber complicated.  

This is *way* beyond what any website builder platform that I've worked with is capable of doing.  And I doubt that would be added in the future.  Too many moving parts.

So what can we do? 

You can add a new free shipping method and call it SHIPPING INCLUDED. 

Store > Shipping > Free Shipping > Add

Then your prices reflect the fact that shipping is part of the product price.  This is what most folks do.  If you need to justify your pricing because of shipping being included, you then make clear that your pricing reflects shipping by adding that statement on various areas of your site.

You can note that on your FAQ page, your TOS page, header/footer and on each product page that it applies to.   

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Actually, you can." ~ Anon

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@ffshowcase

Hmmm... That's easier typed than done.  😉  

If I understand correctly, you want to have a shipping formula, calculate it based on each orders details, then hide that and roll it into the product price so "shipping is included" but not visible to the customer?  That is uber complicated.  

This is *way* beyond what any website builder platform that I've worked with is capable of doing.  And I doubt that would be added in the future.  Too many moving parts.

So what can we do? 

You can add a new free shipping method and call it SHIPPING INCLUDED. 

Store > Shipping > Free Shipping > Add

Then your prices reflect the fact that shipping is part of the product price.  This is what most folks do.  If you need to justify your pricing because of shipping being included, you then make clear that your pricing reflects shipping by adding that statement on various areas of your site.

You can note that on your FAQ page, your TOS page, header/footer and on each product page that it applies to.   

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Actually, you can." ~ Anon