cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Hosting prices should go down

Godaddy has no policy of customer satisfaction, HD space and memory is becoming so cheap, but godaddy is charging me same amount for the last 4 years.  Neither they increased the space size nor reduced the plan rate.  That is really pathetic.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Asrar. I'm not involved with how prices are set, but I do have some thoughts on the subject.

While the cost of hard drive space and memory (on new equipment) may go down over time, there are many other costs associated with providing a web hosting service do not. This is likely the primary reason why prices would not go down.

As for expanding available space/memory, this would require the purchase of new equipment, migrating customers to it, communicating that change, and dealing with any difficulty that arrises because of that change (DNS not being updated, corrupted files, missing databases, etc.), all for a small amount of additional data for each customer. 

I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Asrar. I'm not involved with how prices are set, but I do have some thoughts on the subject.

While the cost of hard drive space and memory (on new equipment) may go down over time, there are many other costs associated with providing a web hosting service do not. This is likely the primary reason why prices would not go down.

As for expanding available space/memory, this would require the purchase of new equipment, migrating customers to it, communicating that change, and dealing with any difficulty that arrises because of that change (DNS not being updated, corrupted files, missing databases, etc.), all for a small amount of additional data for each customer. 

I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.