cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Shipping options for local deliveries

Hi, i am a florist looking to use Go daddy. I deliver to multiple suburbs in my area and have different delivery charges depending on where we are delivering to. I want to be able to set up suburbs and apply a rate to that suburb. Can anyone advise if this is at all possible?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WordPress is a platform to build a website with, there are addons or "plugins" available to add features to WordPress.  Depending on specific needs some people choose to use one platform to run the complete website, or some break off different aspects of the site between multiple platforms (like have the online store on shop.yourdomain.com).

What platform are you currently using?  If it is the GoDaddy Website Builder W+M unfortunately with the new local delivery feature the pricing scheme would be the same for all local deliveries.  But that is a great suggestion just to be able to duplicate this feature and set different prices based on lists of zip codes!

3 REPLIES 3
Advocate VII

Hi @Florist335 ,

What platform are you using?  I do not think the GoDaddy Shopping Cart is robust enough to handle this type of shipping setup.  You might have to go so far as having to do something like create a product called "delivery cost" with the different suburbs being options priced by your delivery rates.  Not a good solution!

If you use WordPress or Shopify there are several plugins/apps that do exactly what you are proposing.  In WP I use the "Local Pickup Plus" plugin and its very easy to configure and use.   Inexpensive too!  

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Thanks James,

Very new to this. Is word press an add on? or do need to set up everything in wordpress

WordPress is a platform to build a website with, there are addons or "plugins" available to add features to WordPress.  Depending on specific needs some people choose to use one platform to run the complete website, or some break off different aspects of the site between multiple platforms (like have the online store on shop.yourdomain.com).

What platform are you currently using?  If it is the GoDaddy Website Builder W+M unfortunately with the new local delivery feature the pricing scheme would be the same for all local deliveries.  But that is a great suggestion just to be able to duplicate this feature and set different prices based on lists of zip codes!