• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

502 Bad Gateway Error - Site Crashes Almost Every Time I Make An Update

For the past 3-4 weeks I've been getting the dreaded "502 Bad Gateway Error - The server returned an invalid or incomplete response." This has happened before a number of times, but not as frequently as it has lately. No matter if I'm on my website for 2 minutes or 20 minutes, as soon as I hit "update" I get the white page of death and the error. Before, I could update the page 3-4 times and then the error would pop up, but now it's every time and it's super frustrating/annoying and makes it nearly impossible to get anything done!

I've figured out after waiting for 15-20 minutes and after refreshing the page, the update will go through. Of course, that's a bandaid for the current problem and I was wondering how to fix it. I have a managed wordpress hosting account and not sure what to do since it seems to be a server issue.

My website: GoUtahUtes.com

Has anyone else experienced this and how have you solved it? Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1

Re: 502 Bad Gateway Error - Site Crashes Almost Every Time I Make An Update

Hi @fan-insider,

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to get to your website quickly in several browsers. A 502 error indicates a gateway issue, usually from one of the "hops" prior to reaching the actual server. You may wish to contact your ISP to see if there are any issues there. Or run a traceroute and call the GoDaddy customer support team to see where you may be failing to reach your website. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support