• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Server 503 error - Managed WordPress

Hi,

About a month ago I migrated from a US server to an European server for my managed wordpress site.  SInce then the site has run very slowly and last night I was getting a lot of 503 errors. I changed the plugins folder to see if it was a plugin causing the issue but the error continued. I have spoken to tech support a few time about it but haven't got anywhere it seems it could be related to this other thread.

https://uk.godaddy.com/community/Managing-WordPress/Managed-WordPress-Error-Connection-Reset-Timeout...

Regards

Chris Hauser

5 REPLIES 5
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Server 503 error - Managed WordPress

Hi @chrishauser. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

If you're still seeing 503 errors, then what you're experiencing is different than the post you referenced. That issue has been addressed. If you're seeing the error consistently, I would recommend reaching out to our support team so they can look into what's happening. If you gain insight from that, it would be great if you could follow up here so others can benefit from your experience. Thanks!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi Jesse,
    I have spoken to tech support a few times, they have asked to uninstall plugins etc. But the problem remains, not sure the support guys I speak to are that clued up on the word press managed hosting.
    I think that this hosting plan needs a big upgrade, certainly in Europe anyway.

I second that motion. Half the people we speak to at GD about Managed WordPress Hosting have to contact a Tier 3 just to get anywhere. It's a waste of time. Cut out the middle man and give us reliable hosting. We went from a cPanel hosting account to MWH and thought it would be better. But in recent months we've had nothing but slow server response times and tons of 503s. Especially today. It's insane.

Yeah I have tried to work with MWH, I really did. Migrating away from GD as soon as I can. 

I migrated my site last week over to GD hosted WP and for the last 3 days have nothing but 503 errors constantly.  I've tried deactivating my plugins as well and today I am having so many issues just getting to my dashboard.  

What is the real issue with the HTTP ERROR 503 on GD hosted wordpress, it seems to be a bigger issue than just plugins.  I too have had issues with GD hosted wordpress support tech support.