• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Swapping WP hosting accounts

I have 2 WP hosting accounts, basic and deluxe.

I need to swap the websites between these two. I was told by Godaddy that I will have to backup each site, delete the current one and rebuild from the other backup. 

- Is it the correct way? Could Godaddy just upgrade and downgrade the sites in question?

- If I have to do as indicated, how do I do it? I copied the files from each site via ftp and exported both the databases (schema and the actual site) from cPanel resulting in a sql file of insert statements for each site.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Swapping WP hosting accounts

Hey there @ak08820,

No, you don't have to do this the way that was described to you.

Simply log into your account, go to your My Products page, find your web hosting, select options instead of manage, then select customize. From there you should be able to select the type of hosting plan you want. (Please note they may have changed this option of upgrading/downgrading. I haven't used it in a while and don't currently have a product that will allow it.) Give that a shot and see if it works.

If not, I would call back in and ask for the hosting department. I know for a fact they can help you upgrade/downgrade your hosting package when it comes to shared hosting rather easily. If they're telling you otherwise, my guess is maybe you got a CSR that's just not as informed.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community