Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

.APP Forwarding Issues

Hello, 

I own a .APP domain with Godaddy. 

I am facing issues in setting Domain Forwarding. 

I have set the domain to be forwarded to a particular URL in the DNS settings, but forwarding is just not happening. 

I am not facing this issue with other extensions - org, net , com. 

Is this a known issue with .APP extension? 

Is GoDaddy doing anything about it ? 

Thanks

Ishan 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @ikumar. The issue you're seeing is likely due to the fact that .app domains are sometimes redirected to HTTPS automatically. This is because they are expected to have HTTPS by the browser since they come with free SSL (per the domain registry). However, our forwarding service will not accept HTTPS requests at this time. Therefore, I'd suggest using a different redirect solution if you need to get your .app domain to point to another URL. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @ikumar,

Thanks for posting. You should be able to forward your domain following these steps: https://www.godaddy.com/help/forward-a-domain-12123. Are you following these steps and getting an error? Feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions. 

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Article is outdated. I've contacted support via phone and they were not helpful, said there was nothing they could do. 

Community Manager

Hi @ikumar. The issue you're seeing is likely due to the fact that .app domains are sometimes redirected to HTTPS automatically. This is because they are expected to have HTTPS by the browser since they come with free SSL (per the domain registry). However, our forwarding service will not accept HTTPS requests at this time. Therefore, I'd suggest using a different redirect solution if you need to get your .app domain to point to another URL. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post