cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Addon domain WordPress not appearing

Added a domain (tilammurah.com) via cpanel add-on domain. Installer WordPress but the website is still not appearing. Please advise. I have changed the dns as well...but still no luvk

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Raaja 

Sorry if I wasn't specific enough in my previous response.

You need to go to https://dcc.godaddy.com - I assume this domain is registered elsewhere - You need to add the domain as a "hosted domain" and use the DNS servers provided.

Unlike other providers which use the cPanel accounts for DNS - GoDaddy instead uses a central DNS management system independent of the hosting products.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Hi @Raaja,

Welcome to the Community!

Multiple domains on the same hosting plan will not necessarily have the same nameservers. The nameserver record is where the zone files are stored and is not related to the websites placed on the same hosting plan. To set to the correct ones, go to change the nameservers and choose "default". This will reset them to the correct nameserver record. 

You can also check these instructions to make sure the add-on domain was setup correctly.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@Raaja 

I see that you have some GoDaddy DNS servers listed - can you confirm in the GoDaddy DNS that these are the correct servers - There also maybe a record that needs to be removed from the domain registrar that will then allow the external DNS to work

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@PL281 I have changed the domain DNS as below, which is the same as the primary domain in the hosting.

NS03.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS04.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

@Raaja 

Sorry if I wasn't specific enough in my previous response.

You need to go to https://dcc.godaddy.com - I assume this domain is registered elsewhere - You need to add the domain as a "hosted domain" and use the DNS servers provided.

Unlike other providers which use the cPanel accounts for DNS - GoDaddy instead uses a central DNS management system independent of the hosting products.

Hi @Raaja,

Welcome to the Community!

Multiple domains on the same hosting plan will not necessarily have the same nameservers. The nameserver record is where the zone files are stored and is not related to the websites placed on the same hosting plan. To set to the correct ones, go to change the nameservers and choose "default". This will reset them to the correct nameserver record. 

You can also check these instructions to make sure the add-on domain was setup correctly.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support