cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New

Cannot connect domain to my hosting

I bought a domain name from other registrar and wanted to connect it to my godaddy hosting but failed. The domain cannot connect to my hosting even if the other registrar did several reconcile already. I called godaddy customer support twice and was unable to get a solution. All the calls, I was just told to wait.. I waited for two weeks for it until another call told me to just transfer the domain to godaddy. So I initiated the transfer and until now my domain is still waiting. This is hopeless. I have several godaddy account as I am working as a freelance web developer/designer but this is the first time I had this problem. Now, I dont know what to do anymore. Service and support failed me this time. I'm clueless as to what should I do. My business already is running its physical store and the website is still not even live.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Horrible Support

@gon

Bear with me as we make sure you have all you bases covered, okay?

=> Is your domain unlocked at your old registrar?

=> Did you get the authorization code/transfer key?

=> Is all the information on your Domain record correct?

=> Did you get and promptly respond to the confirmation e-mails necessary to authenticate and approve your domain transfer?

Usually when domain transfers do not complete it is because of one of the above issues.

If all of the above is covered properly, did you confirm you have the accurate DNS name servers in place for your GD hosting account (and that there were no conflicting CName or AName records)?

HTH! 😉

Judith
"If you think you dare not, you don’t.." ~ Napoleon Hill

Highlighted
New

Hi Muse! Thank you for replying. My answer to all those questions are Yes. Otherwise, your tech support guys whom I have talked to over the phone would have informed me about it. All of them told me to wait. First two guys told me to wait for unlimited 24-48hrs while the other three guys told me to wait for a week. I already have removed the domain I added in my hosting (as addon) and cancelled the transfer hours ago because I feel like this is hopeless. I hope to get a refund of the domain transfer I bought since I havent actually used it. I am thinking about connecting it to other hosting instead. It bummer because the call support guys you have, told me before that the problem with my domain not connecting to my hosting is not in our end. They said its in my registrar's end but my registrar did two reconcile already. Also, I have three other domain names in that registrar. Two are connected to hostgator without problems and one are using shopify without problems. My other one cannot connect to godaddy yet you guys told me its not your problem. This also happened before. I have a domain registered to my other godaddy account which I wanted to connect to this accounts hosting. The connection went just fine but the email is having probs. I called your support many times already but they cant fix it so I instead moved that domain from my other godaddy to this godaddy account. Its horrible. I'm not whining. Im just letting you guys know I'm very disappointed and is starting to lose trust.

Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

@gon

As I note on every post -- I *do not* work for GoDaddy.  So they are not "my" tech support or "my" guys.  I'm just a Community member like you trying to get to the bottom of what is happening to help.

What's odd is I've never had a support tech tell me to wait a week for a transfer.  And, they should be able to tell you exactly what happened.  Not authorized properly, privacy enabled, domain is locked.  There is always a reason -- what did your Registrar say?  One side or the other should provide an answer.

If you did everything correctly something doesn't make sense.  Sorry I cannot assist you further.

Judith
"If you think you dare not, you don’t.." ~ Napoleon Hill

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @gon@Muse Smiley Happy ,

What is the domain you purchased please?

Highlighted
New

Hang in there bud. It blows I know, I had the same frustrations. The transfer of intellectual property is a pain in the ***. It's not godaddys fault. I to thought hey what the heck I paid the money so where is my domain!..I feel ya..just hang it there 

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @gon

@ChuckH

@Muse

we pro members are just forum members like yourself and don't take any money to offer support. We are not employed by godaddy. 

So sometimes if you can't get answers from support, here on the forum is a good place to pitch your issues as Pro members have varying levels of experience. 

Please give it a try and make a post with what your problem is exactly. 

Looking forward to reading your post....

Highlighted
New

I am sorry about the "my" thing, I miss reading your postscript.

There are two problems I had.

First, I cannot connect my domain to my Godaddy hosting. I did everything. Two call support guys' solution was to tell my registrar to perform a 'reconcile' and wait for 48 hours which I did. The registrar did it twice also. And as I mentioned earlier, I had several domain with that registrar and I manage to connect those domains with hostgator hosting just fine. 

Second, since the first solution is not making progress, I went on to transferring that domain to godaddy's but the transfer takes forever and the support guys told me different waiting time. First guy told me to wait for 24-48hrs for the transfer. After 48hrs, another guy told me to wait for a week which is horrible. I ended up cancelling the transfer because its taking forever and just connect that domain to my hostgator account.

I would like to thank you for trying to help me and listen to my disappointments.

Highlighted
New

@gon

@ChuckH

@Muse

@Retired</a>

Thank you so much for taking time to read my post. I really appreciate it a lot that you took time reading my post. Someone already have message me about this problem. I guess, I'll talk to him now and will update this post about the solution we have come up with.

Cheers all!

Highlighted

the domain i bought and want to move to my blogger. I added all the A-records from blogger and I just saw that is no more there again now. I have been on this for more than a week now. can't this people have a online instant chat like other online platform.

Highlighted

help please. How do I transfer my domain to my site from the free host. Everything is in godaddy