cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Changing DNS (Child Name) and point it to a certain IP

Hi,

I want to change my DNS (child names) and point it to a certain IP but every time I try I get this error:

The data provided cannot be used, please correct it and resubmit your request.

Can you help me to change :
child name
dns
point it to my ip

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @Yousef1. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! Yes, the term child nameserver refers to registering nameserver hosts for a domain. For example, if you have the domain cooldomain.com you could create the child nameservers ns1.cooldomain.com, ns2.cooldomain.com, etc. Once you register those nameserver hosts, you can then use them as custom nameservers for the domain itself so long as the server you've pointed the child nameservers to is set up to serve DNS records for the domain. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I think I've done it using HostNames!

if it's the correct way, let me know!

How can I remove previous (old) dns that I don't want to use?! should I put dns nameservers from Custom to Default?

Thanks

Community Manager

Hi @Yousef1. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! Yes, the term child nameserver refers to registering nameserver hosts for a domain. For example, if you have the domain cooldomain.com you could create the child nameservers ns1.cooldomain.com, ns2.cooldomain.com, etc. Once you register those nameserver hosts, you can then use them as custom nameservers for the domain itself so long as the server you've pointed the child nameservers to is set up to serve DNS records for the domain. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post