Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
PWHighS
New

DNS Issues - Name servers correct, incorrect NS and SOA records propogating

Hi - hope somebody can help...

Registered domains three weeks ago.  I'm hosting a website at Bluehost so updated my nameservers to ns1.bluehost.com and ns2.bluehost.com.  All worked fine.  Last week, began integrating my domains with Office 365 but had trouble validating them.  Microsoft investigated and told me that the NS and SOA records which had propagated through DNS were incorrect - they read ns1.100healthcoach.com and ns2.100healthcoach.com.  This prevents my domains validating with Office 365.

I've liaised with GoDaddy chat and Bluehost chat - both claim the problem lies with the other.  GoDaddy asked me to obtain details of the authoritative name servers held within Bluehosts's zone file, but Bluehost say that can't (won't?) do this - the problem lies with my registrar (GoDaddy).  The only advice Bluehost offer is to wait another 48 hours as they believe propagation isn't complete, despite the nameservers having been set three weeks ago.  I did re-enter on GoDaddy's advice on Tuesday, but no change.

Any advice?  Would moving name servers back to GoDaddy's control simplify?  I assume I could then add an A record to point to my Bluehost website, then step through the Office365 integration steps using GoDaddy DNS management?

Thanks in advance....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @PWHighS,

yes a solution may be to change name server back to default godaddy, then just forward to your hosting. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @PWHighS,

yes a solution may be to change name server back to default godaddy, then just forward to your hosting. 

View solution in original post

jama_z
New

I had the same issue, and same response, this is very suspicious and means there is some kind of series problem that one of these providers is not admitting to or aware of.

Sorry to hear you're suffering too @jama_z.  Although I'm pleased to hear it's not only me.  I've spent many hours online recently trying to resolve.

@Retired I'm going with changing nameservers back to GoDaddy.  Seems a bit 'over the top' but I can't see any other option to get this working ASAP.  

I thought maybe I was missing knowledge that would help this issue make sense to me, but perhaps not.  Perhaps the support teams have restricted access to the back-end stuff, and if your (or our, @jama_z) problem lies there it's best to wipe the slate clean and start again.  

Thanks for your replies - much appreciated.

Well I was right, and I solved the problem. This is a glitch with Bluehost. 
Their system deleted all my Zone File Records causing the site to malfunction. When I reset the zone file records to default, everything immediately started working properly including email.

Their system does this kind of thing every so often and it's really annoying because support cannot fix these issues and have no clue about them. All they had to say was reset the Zone File Records under Domains > Zone File Editor, but they keep saying it's Godaddy even though that is impossible.

Terrible support and a week without my site working and email that could have been solved in 10 seconds.

I don't think you should have marked this solved, contact their support and tell them what happened.

karl
New

My DNS Nameserver as listed under Hosts ns1.yetas.org and ns2.yetas.org are Not available anymore.

No idea what happend.
How can i Trigger an Update of that so that the Nameservers as defined under hosts are available with "Ping" again?

Retired
Not applicable

@karl

Name Server: NS1.YETAS.ORG

Name Server: NS2.YETAS.ORG

Up and running! Fault must be your end.