Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to Solution
Novice

Domain Forwarding

Hi, I am hoping that some of you experienced website builders will be able to assist.  I have 2 domains and website builder.  I have tried to forward my .com domain to my .co.uk domain which in preview works perfectly well.  But if I type in browser I get this error www.craftsbydebz.com’s server DNS address could not be found.  Any advice on what I may be doing wrong much appreciated.

Thanks Debz

8 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Mentor

Re: Domain Forwarding

debzvoom wrote:

Hi, I am hoping that some of you experienced website builders will be able to assist.  I have 2 domains and website builder.  I have tried to forward my .com domain to my .co.uk domain which in preview works perfectly well.  But if I type in browser I get this error www.craftsbydebz.com’s server DNS address could not be found.  Any advice on what I may be doing wrong much appreciated.

Thanks Debz

@debzvoom The whois indicates that the domain hasn't been updated since 2015, please follow these steps to correctly setup the forwarding on your domain. Once setup it can take up to 48 hours for the nameservers to propagate throughout the internet. 

https://www.godaddy.com/help/forward-a-domain-12123

---

Justin Godfrey
Domain Name Investor

When replying to me please @ mention my name
If my answer solves your question, please accept it as a solution.
Novice

[ Edited ]

Thanks I think it may have worked as I can see now it says servers updated with today's date.  I'll check it after the 48hrs :-)

UPDATE -  Perfect

Skilled

Forwarded Domain pointing to www.www on mobile. How do I fix?

Forwarded domain not working on mobile. Chrome broweser (mobile) is showing www.www 

I have changed my name servers for one of my domains back to Go-Daddy. It was connected by name server to WIX and I have now changed name servers back to GoDaddy and forwarded it to another domian hosted elsewhere.

forwarded domain is tagb.com.au and it is forwarded to thinkandgrowbusiness.com.au

How do I resolve?

Tony

Re: Forwarded Domain pointing to www.www on mobile. How do I fix?

Hey @tonycurl

Just wanted to check in. Seems you may have worked this one out on your own as I just tested your tagb.com.au domain within a Mobile Chrome browser and found it resolving to thinkandgrowbusiness.com.au without any further 'www.www' being added to the URL address. 

If you'd like to share what you did, I'm sure a other members would appreciate the tip should any one else encounter a similar issue. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Apprentice

Domain Forwarding

I just update the domain forwarding to an IP with mask

After few minutes I ping the domain. 

It shows

Pinging www.cenpo.info [50.63.202.1] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 50.63.202.1: bytes=32 time=173ms TTL=50
Reply from 50.63.202.1: bytes=32 time=171ms TTL=50
Reply from 50.63.202.1: bytes=32 time=171ms TTL=50
Reply from 50.63.202.1: bytes=32 time=172ms TTL=50

Ping statistics for 50.63.202.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 171ms, Maximum = 173ms, Average = 171ms

which is not I expected.

Any Idea?

Hello @chrisyiu!

Thank you for posting! When you setup domain forwarding this is a DNS change for that domain and DNS changes take 24-48 hours to take effect everywhere. So you wouldn't be able to see your changes within a few minutes. That being said, it looks like it's forwarding to that IP address now. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Apprentice

Hello,

Thx for reply. today is Saturday already. Almost 3 days the IP forwarded still not update yet. 

Any thing I did wrong?!?!

Apprentice

BTW, The name server I use default setting. Is it OK?

ns67.domaincontrol.com